Are you looking for a unique experience as a Nurse Leader within our SE Health Senior Living Business Line?
We are seeking a dynamic individual to assume the role of RPN Supervisor within a Leading Edge Dementia Care Home in Toronto. Our partner is a well-known thought leader in providing a high caliber of compassionate and highly specialized person-centered care. This unique opportunity requires the successful incumbent to champion the Home’s philosophy of embedding a “joyful living” environment for residents, which is pivotal to our success. Within this relational caring model our goal is to foster our residents experiencing joyful moments every day which the foundation to our differentiated approach is.
This role requires a high caliber of emotional intelligence with mastery skill level relating to empathy and self-awareness.
Ability to foster relationships with both external stakeholders and internal management partners is critical to this role. The successful candidate will have a natural affinity for building rapport and trust with residents and resident family members alike.
You will provide exceptional customer service skills and must be excellent in building relationships with residents, families, staff and other partners within the continuum of care. We need a leader that has the ability to engage, empower and build confidence in your PSWs and others. With a goal to create a positive, collaborative working environment grounded in mutual trust, understanding and compassion.
If this role aligns with your values and career aspirations, we would love to hear from you so ‘we together’ can actively create a wonderful experience for all whom we touch daily.
- Provide leadership to PSW care team, work within the residential model successfully to meet/exceed on contractual deliverables inclusive of clinical care with leading edge practices.
- Responsible for hiring, scheduling, monitoring, teaching delegated tasks, supervising and evaluating the work performance of all front line staff. Identify and address discipline and training needs in collaboration with HR and Administrative staff.
- Training in such programs as GPA, Pieces and Montessori Care with competency in behavior management approaches to Dementia Care, with timely certification to follow as per RHRA regulations
- Build a work environment that is characterized by mutual respect, support and appreciation for colleagues and peers.
- Monitor, evaluates standards of care and ensures compliance with organizational and contractor policies and external regulations, including participating in site audits.
- Ensures high quality service delivery through collaborating in and facilitating residents’ occupancy and admission processes, obtaining feedback from residents’, families, and employees, responding to all queries and addressing concerns promptly.
- Coaches and role models excellence to ensure that services are delivered according to the relational model of care, including supporting the creation and evolution of a living environment.
- Builds a culture and working environment where PSWs are able to engage with seniors, their families, and staff in a way that builds on partnership and mutual respect, where choice is supported and lives are lived to the fullest extent.
- Manages the annual budget and related financial aspects, including scheduling of staff, ordering of medical and other supplies required, reviewing variances and implementing corrective actions.
- Work collaboratively with the your with our Advanced Practice Leaders, Futures and Research teams along with many other SE Health partners.
- Builds effective relationships, liaises, and works cooperatively with other Residential site Leaders other service providers, and stakeholders.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and plans to support operations.
- Must have an RPN Certificate with current CNO certification in good standing.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience/knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. RHRA, HPA, NIA, PPIC, OH&S, Public Health) and leading best practices within residential care.
- Managerial/Supervisory experience required within a retirement/residential living environment
- Highly developed leadership skills with proven ability to motivate and engage staff with excellent verbal/written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to use relationships, communication, empathy and compassion to enable the management of conflict and challenging situations in a highly diplomatic and professional manner
- Critical thinker, with well-developed analytical, planning and problem solving skills to assist and support meeting the contractual obligations/requirements (financial, quality outcomes, operational metrics)
- Working knowledge/experience with continuous quality improvement and risk management practices.
- Experience with staff scheduling, planning, forecasting working collaboratively with your internal/external partners
- Working Knowledge of PSW supervision, teaching and delegation legislations, regulation and practices.
- Comfort and experience with a matrix approach to reporting and working with others.
- Extensive experience with providing services within Person and Family Centered Care model.
- Demonstrated experience with adult education principles, learning and approaches.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to ensure that supports are available for residential sites across province
- Certificate in gerontology or health care administration is an asset.
- Flexible to work collaboratively with Residential Manager Life Care in scheduling daily onsite coverage and to be available on call after ours and weekends.
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please send your resumes to ShonaghCraddock@seh.com