SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, senior’s lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
As a member of the Residential/Facility leadership team reporting to the Director of Care or Director of Operations, you will provide clinical leadership and expertise for an inter professional team primarily focused on the practice of the Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs), Personal Support Workers (PSWs), Recreation Therapist and Activity Aides. You will support their practices with effective role modeling, coaching, and mentoring, with a quality improvement approach.
The key responsibilities and deliverables of this role include: onsite coaching, education and competency assessment, orientation and onboarding of new staff, chart audits, and quality improvement. The onsite leadership team supports the Residential site to ensure that person and family centered, quality, and safe care is delivered by an engaged inter professional team. You will deliver on client, employee, operational and clinical performance to promote, sustain and maintain excellence in client care and professional practice. Further, you will be part of Saint Elizabeth’s professional practice leadership team (e.g., Advanced Practice Consultants, Clinical Practice Resource Team) to advance our vision of care excellence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Education and Learning Process
- Lead the clinical orientation and preceptorship of new staff.
- Conduct resident InterRAI HC assessment
- Conduct Motivational interview with client to ascertain client goals and potential barriers to discharge
- Determine membership of client care team based on client assessment and goals
- Ascertain most appropriate care team leader and notify them of assessment results
- Review Practice Questionnaires with staff and develop personalized Learning Plans as required
- Educate, assess, develop, and maintain clinical skills and competencies for staff, specifically nurse.
- Maintain accuracy of employee clinical competency profiles.
- Implement annual education plan; track and report on completion rates.
- Plan and execute annual clinical skill day events to facilitate re-evaluation of nurse’s performance and continual competency.
- Participate in knowledge transfer activities that support the introduction and utilization of clinical knowledge tools and evidence-informed practices working in collaboration with our Wellness Manager, Nurse Practitioner and Director of Operations locally
Quality Service Delivery
- Conduct coaching visits with staff onsite for the purpose of influencing/monitoring/ maintaining / improving quality of care, interpreting clinical standards of practice, to further enhance staff development.
- Conduct general and specialty chart audits identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating improvement initiatives based on analysis of results.
- Utilize results from chart audits, observations and other sources of evidence to identify gaps in practice (either for individual staff or broadly). Develop, implement, and evaluate continuous quality improvement plans.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Director of Senior Living, Residential leadership team, Clinical Practice Resource Team (CPRT), and Advanced Practice Leaders (APLs) to improve clinical quality outcomes and define improvement activities that result from analysis of data from formal reports.
- Actively participate in Saint Elizabeth’s broader Clinical Support Network supporting organizational quality and clinical excellence.
- A Registered Nurse (RN) designation required.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- A strong generalist clinical nursing background required with residential experience
- A minimum of one year community nursing experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years adult education experience preferred.
- Membership with RNAO preferred.
- Additional education/training in principles of adult learning and/or coaching preferred.
- Additional certifications in clinical specialty areas an asset i.e. CNA certification.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Outcome –oriented and demonstrated ability to achieve desired results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, with multiple competing priorities and an advocate for change
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as a collaborative team member by building positive relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including power point, excel, MS Word and other programs.
- Experience with mobile technologies i.e. tablets, smartphones.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please send your resume to email@example.com