The Clinical Manager will provide direct supervision to the Nursing and Personal Support staff at the Hillcrest location, ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of services to clients to create an amazing experience and a positive environment. The Wellness Manager will lead a team of innovative thinkers aimed at preparing clients to be discharge home following hospitalization, driven by the principle of person and family centered care.
- Accountability for oversight of RPN, PSW and Allied Health staff
- Identifies skills and/or knowledge gaps relative to program operations
- Interview and select appropriate staff to meet ongoing requirements.
- Provide staff with regular and ongoing feedback related to outcomes, professional and person-centered development. Provide formal feedback in the form of probationary and annual performance appraisals.
- Utilize the Performance Management system to coach, support and evaluate personal support staff.
- Provides opportunities and supports staff education and development in collaboration with Clinical Educator and Advanced Practice Leader (APL)
- Facilitate orientation of new staff along with ongoing education and development of staff in collaboration with the Clinical Educator
Day to day operations:
- First line of management to RPN & PSW staff
- Strategize with operations coordination and customer service to facilitate operational processes
- Utilizes projections in determining and forecasting resource needs
- Lead staff team meetings.
- Collaborate with the clinical Director and leadership colleagues to meet or exceed benchmarks for operational efficiencies and to assist in the attainment of all required contractual and performance standards.
- Actively participate as a leadership team member in project/program development and implementation
- Follows employee relations/labour relations processes and relevant policies and procedures
- Lead admissions intake in collaboration with UHN coordinators ensuring client care needs meet the requirements of the clinical skill mix
- Lead the development of a plan of care for each client upon admission in collaboration with RPN’s
- Lead discharge planning in collaboration with interdisciplinary team and strategize timely discharges
Quality and risk management practices:
- Participate in creating, delivering and maintaining an exceptional quality program
- Creating an environment that builds on the principles of integrated team approach
- Inputs client/staff compliments, complaints and incidents into the RL6
- Investigates, follows up and responds to client/staff incidents and complaints as per policies and procedures
- Identifies risk and health and safety issues and consults with the Regional Director/Director in collaboration with the Occupational Health and Wellness Manager
- A regulated registered nurse , holding a current professional license, in good standing, to practice in Ontario
- Previous acute care, and/or community health care experience is an asset.
- Minimum 1 year Clinical leadership/management is preferred.
- Previous experience in transitions in care through continuum of care (including admissions and discharge planning) is preferred
- A current CPR certificate.
- Role models Saint Elizabeth’s MVV, professionalism and accountability in daily practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, with multiple competing priorities.
- Outcome-oriented and able to achieve desired results.
- An ability to deal with conflict and excellent problem solving skills.
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
- Basic keyboarding skills.
- Willing and able to provide care for our clients, if required.
- Performance management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the design and/or delivery of adult learning activities
This role is located at Hillcrest Reactivation 47 Austin Terrace Toronto ON
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
please send your resume to email@example.com