SE Health is currently seeking Physiotherapists to work at Mackenzie Health Hospital in Richmond Hill across all inpatient ( inpatient: neuro, cardiac, surgical, medicine, ortho, rehab, ER, ICU). Physiotherapists will provide patient management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and follow-up services to patients. The successful candidate will be familiar working in a team environment and in delegating treatment to appropriately qualified therapy assistants.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Physiotherapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Conduct physiotherapy assessments in acute and rehab populations.
- Plan and implement patient-centered, goal-directed treatment programs.
- Provide treatment interventions in collaboration with Therapy Assistants.
- Document patient care interventions formulating goals and recommendations.
- Input and monitor workload in accordance with SE and Mackenzie Health requirements.
- Make recommendations regarding discharge and liaise with inter-professional team members as required.
- Serve as a point of contact for weekend Therapy Assistants and provide re-assessment as clinically appropriate.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Physiotherapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- At least 1 year of acute care experience is required
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with therapy assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- Recent experience in managing patients in acute/rehab or community based rehabilitation programs is required
- Experience working in an inpatient setting is required
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications
- BCLS and CPR certificate
- Criminal background check, Vulnerable sector check and Immunization (current)
- This role is alternated Sundays from 8am - 4pm
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.