Reporting to the Vice President Operations Seniors Living, the successful candidate will be responsible for overall clinical site management and the delivery of services and care to residents at Hillcrest Reactivation Centre in Toronto, Ontario. The idea candidate will possess a proven track record in clinical leadership and is a natural collaborator with sound judgement skills. In addition, you will be responsible for supporting the resident experience, adherence to contract management and ensuring the achievement of service standards and financial targets. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall budget and clinical care for the facility coupled with recommendations for improvements and facilitation and monitoring of those recommended action. Through your passion for delivering best in class resident care, you will establish an environment for staff that empowers them to act within the highest caliber of professional and ethical conduct, with patient safety at the forefront. Your proven leadership and experience in developing a culture of continuous improvement by leading by example will be pivotal to your success in this role.
- Participate with various partners as required to ensure contractual obligations are being met.
- Drive processes and metrics forward in alignment with the business strategy (example: lost revenue, client and employee satisfaction etc.)
- Facilitate and maintain team development and succession planning
- Provide discipline specific monthly reports to Vice President
- Participate in monthly steering committee meetings
- Ensure annual and probationary performance reviews are completed for all staff
- Manage appropriate scheduling/staffing/skill mix for health service provision
- Identify skills and/or knowledge gaps relative to service delivery needs
- Provide performance management of the nursing, personal support and therapy leadership team, including the ongoing evaluation of performance and the development of skills and competencies required to achieve SE’s vision and strategies
- Ensures ongoing risk identification, evaluation and monitoring and facilitates the response to various stakeholders
- Oversees and coordinates the delivery of services and care to residents, advocating wellness, best practice and care that is within SE Health standards
- Partnering with HR to drive performance through analysis and performance improvement methodologies
- Fostering relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ongoing assessment of nursing care and involvement of interdisciplinary teams as necessary
- Planning and implementation of programs to meet resident needs
- Coordination of ongoing clinical education at the facility
- Ensures a safe environment for residents, staff, family, and visitors and works in a manner to support a safety legislation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and develop professional relationships with all levels of staff
- Experience with utilization and management of process and quality improvement methodologies
- Ensures excellent communication and relations with residents, families and staff as well as other stakeholder.
- Participates the investigation of Resident/ Family complaints, and Resident and staff incidents, responds verbally and/or in writing to Residents/ Families regarding outcomes of investigations
- A Registered Nurse (RN) required holding a current professional license, in good standing, to practice in Ontario. BScN and Master prepared preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of leadership/management experience in a health care organization
- Excellent communicator, resilient, and flexible to meet the changing priorities of a dynamic team community
- Ability to influence outcomes and balance competing interests
- Success in facilitating business plan execution
- Possesses a high capacity for developing respectful and supportive interpersonal relationships within diverse team
- Proven track record in gaining credibility and building trust with stakeholder.
- Inspires confidence and credibility at all levels
- Strategic thinker with experience with change implementation
- Ability to translate concepts and ideas into measurable action
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills coupled with sound judgement
- Experience in analyzing budgets
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of labour management practices and experience in effectively managing related issue.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire people and think about "Sharing Hope and Happiness"
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, utilizing tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Procura familiarity is required
- Ability to participate in an on call rotation
- Focus on customer obsession with a commitment to corporate excellence.
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please send your resume email@example.com