About Saint Elizabeth
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
The Care Aide (CA) is a member of the Care Team, working under the supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The CA is responsible for performing and assisting in direct and indirect resident care and activities. These duties are carried out utilizing SEHC policies and procedures as well as skills and training acquired through in-service education. The CA is flexible to adapt to the needs of the residents and able to function effectively in a dynamic and ever-changing health care environment.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to Residents including meal service, light housekeeping, laundry, making beds, snack/refreshment service, portering and visiting with Residents where applicable.
- Report changes in Resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the LPN in a timely manner.
- Ensure resident services are delivered in a way that acknowledges Resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality, and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment.
- Provide quality service according to Saint Elizabeth policies & procedures.
- To assist with and actively participate in special occasions and theme events.
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and safe job procedures.
- To attend staff meetings and in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the Residents.
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (Residents).
- To uphold and promote the SEHC’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in SEHC’s Code of Conduct.
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in a recognized Health Care Aide program at hire or within 6 months of employment.
- GED or Grade 10 English equivalency
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read, write, and fluently speak English
- Health and physical condition with constant bending, standing, walking, and lifting up to 25 kg.
Please send your resume to SofiaLi@sehc.com if interested.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience