Hiring in York Region: Richmond Hill, Maple, Vaughn, Newmarket, Central Simcoe
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision, and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle, and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) will be part of a new 2 year Home Hemodialysis project – with a potential for a contract extension. This new clinical model of care is an exciting opportunity for the right personal support worker and will allow a select group of patients to receive Hemodialysis care in their own homes.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- We are offering up to $19.50 (for direct client care). Candidates must have PSW Certificate.
You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
Paid travel time between clients
Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
Subsidized OPSWA memberships
Tuition Assistance Program
WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Current PSW/DSW/HCA Certificate is preferred.
- A current CPR certificate is required.
- Proven professionalism, accountability, responsibility, and reliability.
- Proven record of excellent attendance.
- An aptitude for learning new skills and responsibilities.
- Availability to work 3, 4 or 5 full day shifts including weekends.
- A willingness to attend and complete mandatory 21 day training.
- Proficient computer/technological skills and an aptitude for manual dexterity.
- Able to work independently as well as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Maintains positive relationships to deliver person/family-centered care.
- Act as a patient advocate with an ability to clearly and articulately communicate the patient’s needs.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to escalate issues.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Remains flexible and works well in a changing environment.
- A demonstrated commitment for Quality Improvement processes.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A willingness to travel and attend meetings to support the needs of the patient.
- Eligible PSW’s will receive $3.00 per hour for all client care hours as announced by the Government of Ontario. Please discuss this with your recruiter during the interview.
Nice to have :
- Have worked in a hospital setting before ( asset)
- Knowledge of Nephrology/ Dialysis.
- Previous Medical/ Nursing education.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our staff.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org