This role will initially be virtual
The Director of Quality and Compliance will have overall responsibility for quality and compliance as it pertains to client/ patient Risk and Safety. They will lead the client/ patient focused quality and compliance initiatives and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to identify and mitigate risk. The Director of Quality and Compliance will also develop best practices related to quality and compliance with an emphasis on clients by overseeing the Risk Reporting System and providing relevant training and education. This role will also support board committee work and lead internal committees.
- Skilled Leader, who is self-directed, innovative and responsible for Quality and Compliance as it relates to Client Risk and Safety
- Responsible for building and leading our Client focused Quality and Compliance initiatives
- Collaborates with and leads colleagues at all levels of the organization including partnerships with Human Resources, Healthcare Delivery/Operations and Corporate areas to identify and mitigate risk develop and oversee plans to support compliance
- Develops best practices related to Quality and Compliance with an emphasis on Client Risk and Safety and provides training and education internally and externally
- Supports Board Committee work and leads internal Committees
- Team Leadership, as team expands will be responsible for operational and performance management
- In collaboration with the Director of Talent Acquisition and the Quality and Compliance Officer, will assist in the selection and hiring of new team members
- Co-Leads Internal Committees that support the work of the Board Committees
- Privacy Officer supporting the overall work of the Quality and Compliance Officer
- Manage and maintain oversight and compliance related to currency of Policies and Procedures as they relate to Client Risk and Safety
- Provide support for ownership Emergency Preparedness for SE Health
- Ensure accuracy of information entered into the Risk Management System and provide timely risk information to Quality and Compliance Officer for follow up, input and direction
- Oversee audits as they relate to the patient safety
- Acts as an internal advisor on issues related to legislative compliance, analysis and interpretation (Privacy, Consent and Capacity and other legislation as required). Will develop policies, procedures and practices to support compliance with legislation and proactively monitor legislation, regulatory and best practice developments and trends to prepare recommendations and ensure timely updates or enhancements.
- Liaise and support best practices related to internal investigations and may act as representative for SE Health during legal proceedings
- Will liaise with external experts for development and delivery of content (For example, Ethics)
- Develop new connections/processes and procedures to the support he overall Quality and Compliance Framework
- Other duties as required which will include leadership and participation in relevant organizational processes, consultation and training
- Masters’ degree preferred combined with a professional designation mandatory e.g Nursing or therapies
- At least 7+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in quality, healthcare and risk
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to collaborate and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Curiosity and the desire to learn and grow
- Regulated Healthcare Professional with Risk Management experience
- Legal Experience considered an asset
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.