As an integral member of the SDC leadership and client care team, the primary role of the Clinical Manager (RN) is to provide exemplary leadership and operational management of multigenerational/interprofessional team(s); ensuring excellence in the provision of client care including the development of skills and scope of nurses, the achievement of corporate/program objectives and the creation of a healthy workplace that maximizes the potential of clients and staff. The Clinical Manager will have accountability for planning and operations responsibilities; quality management, mentorship and coaching to nurses and support workers. They will participate in special projects, corporate/research initiatives and other activities that support and advance the organizational goals.
- Develops, implements and leads short and long-term plans which support and advance service delivery center priorities
- Collaborates with respect to hiring competent and qualified multi-professional personnel.
- Ensures the provision of excellent care for clients in a manner that is respectful of client privacy and client confidentiality; ensuring care requirements are met with appropriate competence and delivery
- Resolves patient care issues, problems and concerns, in a timely manner
- Leads, motivates and provides professional/clinical leadership to multi-generational/ interprofessional teams; ensuring ongoing practice and professional development of a cohesive team;
- Liaises and collaborates with all internal and external stakeholders to support SDC operation and organizational goals;
- Collaborates with clients and families to Implement processes to ensure the safe, effective and efficient delivery of excellent care.
- Supports, and plans educational strategies to enhance staff knowledge with respect to professional nursing, health discipline, clinical, administrative staff practices and client care;
- Collaborates around quality management, including implementing quality improvement and other initiatives in the clinical and operational area(s) to ensure clients receive the best possible care;
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates quality data to the team to promote continuous quality improvement, maintaining accountability for the quality and integrity of data reported to external agencies
- Maintains and promotes a safe working environment within the community or clinic that promotes client healing, supports staff in the delivery of safe client care and meets all health and safety regulations;
- Ensures staff have the tools, equipment and resources required to do their work;
- Participates in special projects and corporate management responsibilities that support and advance organization goals and objectives;
- Maintains accountability for planning and managing the department’s financial resources;
- Actively supports networking and the development of partnerships with internal and external agencies to meet the needs of the client population.
- Provides coverage when necessary for emergency purposes to reduce client risk
- Provides full coverage and accountability for absences, e.g., vacation, sick time, etc. of other Clinical Leader/Managers and Supervisors;
- Plans, develops, implements and monitors Return to Work (RTW) activities in collaboration with staff, Human Resources
- A regulated health care professional designation (RN – Registered Nurse) required holding a current professional license, in good standing, to practice in Ontario
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Theoretical and practical experience in adult education required,
- Educational program planning, development and evaluation preferred;
- Strong teaching and adult learning skills required;
- Current membership in related professional interest group or association preferred;
- Completion of specialty specific certification program(s) relevant to respective clinical areas an asset.
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision, and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle, and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com