SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Transitional Care Facility
Hillcrest Reactivation Centre, Toronto
Part Time Positions Available!
Looking to create a vibrant team of health care professionals to work in a new and innovative environment aimed at preparing clients to be discharged home following hospitalization. We need innovative thinkers, driven by the principle of person and family centered care to become part of this emerging area of care.
Saint Elizabeth is looking for a part time certified Personal Support Workers (PSW) who has a passion for caring for others and is able to assist client with activities of personal care, meals, household management and more. If you are looking for a different experience and driving forward a ‘different model of care’ for an integrated team member as a PSW. This role is for you!
- Must have a PSW Certificate and Grade 12 English equivalency.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 2 months.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
- At least 4-5 years working experience with persons with dementia, preferably in a seniors living environment.
- Consideration will be given to newer graduates that demonstrate a true understanding of the relational care approach and highly developed emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of household management skills.
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Self-awareness, high emotional intelligence, willingness to partner with residents, families and onsite staff in caring for residents.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills, experience with electronic charting systems are assets.
- Ability to speak other languages, including French and Italian is an asset.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to lift 25 kg may be required and perform lifting/bending when required to assist residents.
- Perform, enable, and assist with Personal Care.
- Activities of daily living.
- Light housekeeping.
- Meals (full meals and snacks).
- Recreational and leisure activities.
- Perform and monitor health indicators, charting on a daily basis.
- Assist to individualize and personalize residents care.
- Ensure care is delivered in a way to optimize resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence and spirituality.
- Performs delegated tasks as per patient's care plan and report changes in patient condition.
- Work collaboratively with nurse leader to ensure adequate food supplies are in each kitchenette for meal and snack preparation and delivery, maintain shopping list following approved menu.
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan, Saint Elizabeth and facility policies and procedures. This would include participating in the development and updating of care plans in a way that balances respect for the resident choice, optimizing health and well-being, safety and security.
- Participate in ongoing education programs.
- Engages in self-reflection activities to continuously improve EQ skills.
- This is for a facility without free parking, no vehicle/travel required.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on the Company’s policies, including its policies regarding human rights, accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) during your orientation process.
Please apply online AmeliaSavoie@sehc.com