Reporting to the Regional Director, the Director of Care will oversee and coordinate the operational and administrative management at Points West Living Red Deer LTC. The Director of Care will work internal and external partners to set direction for the care and service within PWL Red Deer and will participate in monitoring the operational budget and engage at site level planning. The Director of Care will create a climate of respect and adhere to both SE Health and Points West Living standards.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are followed, and that residents receive quality, evidence-based care and services in accordance with Alberta Health Services policies, practices and expectations.
- Identifies staffing requirements, interviews and recommends the appointment of new staff, oversees staff scheduling, supports and coaches employees, participates in disciplinary action as necessary.
- Scheduling staff in accordance with, submitting payroll, managing clinical supplies and budgets, and making recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Planning and implementation of programs to meet resident needs.
- Coordination of ongoing clinical education at the facility.
- Ensures a safe environment for residents, staff, family, and visitors and works in a manner to support a safety legislation.
- Participates the investigation of Resident/ Family complaints, and Resident and staff incidents, responds verbally and/or in writing to Residents/ Families regarding outcomes of investigations and reports complaints to Points West Living/SE Health and Alberta Health Services
- Responsible for the hiring, orientation, development and on-going mentoring of clinical staff in the facility.
- Provides learning and development for the team to ensure they continue to deliver superior care and services to the residents.
- Participate in creating, delivering and maintaining an exceptional quality program
- Oversees and coordinates the delivery of services and care to residents, advocating wellness, best practice and care that is within AHS and CARNA standards.
- Oversees the development and implementation of quality audits, and reviews outcomes of audits to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, Alberta Health Services requirements, and Accreditation requirements
- Minimum of one year of experience in long term care as a registered nurse (RN), and a minimum of three years of RN experience in a managerial/supervisory capacity in a health care setting.
- Degree in Nursing and Masters preferred
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- Excellent communicator, resilient, and flexible to meet the changing priorities of a dynamic team community.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire people and think about "Sharing Hope and Happiness"
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, utilizing tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficient in use of computers
- Knowledge of clinical point of care documentation applications (preferred)
- Ability to participate in an on call rotation
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.