Now Hiring Nursing students for Personal Support Worker roles!
Part-time Or Full- time shifts available!
Hiring in North York, East York, and Toronto
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As a PSW you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- As a PSW you will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training, and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Work Perks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Current PSW Certificate, 2 nursing placements completed, DSW certificate or internationally trained nurse
- Availability to work days or evenings and every other weekend
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle ( asset)
- Updated immunization record, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check is required upon hire
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work well within a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes.
- A current CPR certificate.
- Basic computer skills would be an asset
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm, and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
- PSW’s will receive $3.00 per hour for all client care hours as announced by the Government of Ontario. Please discuss this with your recruiter during the interview.
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision, and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions, and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our staff.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org