We are seeking a dynamic, passionate Registered Nurse (RN), who want to be part of a virtual nursing team in home and community care by providing clinical leadership and support to nurses across the province and virtual care delivery to clients in a truly client-centered approach. You will have opportunities to work closely with the Professional Practice leadership team in supporting excellence in practice through knowledge translation methods. You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment while supporting optimal RN and RPN scope of practice for nurses to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
This is a part time virtual position, which is 12-18 month contract.
As part of the Clinical Practice Resource Team, you will
- Use your extensive clinical knowledge about home and community care, SE Health’s policies and procedures and best practices to regulated care providers who require timely clinical decision-making support about client care
- Deliver nursing assessment, management and virtual care delivery to clients and educational support to caregivers through digital technology
- Partner with regional Clinical Practice Coaches to support knowledge translation of clinical best practices to the front-line
- Utilize your knowledge to support the development of nursing care plans, changes to treatment codes as required
- Monitor your own practice and the needs of our clinical staff through analysis of reports
- At times assist with follow-up with funders and/or physicians to ensure that referrals and service updates are complete
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and professional development through active participation in formal and informal learning mechanisms
- Demonstrate commitment to interdisciplinary care and a nursing professional practice model through partnerships with the Advanced Practice leadership team
- Assist the Advanced Practice leadership team with reviews and development of policies and procedures.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Master of Nursing, preferred
- Bachelor of Science of Nursing required
- Current expertise/certifications in Older Adult/Geriatrics, Chronic Disease Management, Palliative, Infusion Therapy, preferred
- Candidates with Canadian Nurses Association or North American certifications, preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of recent community nursing experience with a comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s programs and services
- Comfortable using technology, including telephone systems, software programs, and computer programs;
- Private room with a closed door in which you will work
- High speed internet connection
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, show leadership and being adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and utilization of problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Sound decision making skills to plan, organize and implement proactively and responsively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to act as a collaborative team member
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications
- Availability to work: days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Willingness to be cross trained to other services offered within the Center of Excellence in Virtual Care
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license, with the ability to travel and attend in-person meetings, when required
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check are required upon hire.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will experience opportunities to support the care for diverse client populations with your development of home and community nursing expertise
- Mentorship, consultative and coaching support from a diverse group of nursing leaders 24x7 to support your clinical practice
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Work Perks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision, and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle, and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com