The Educator will collaborate with the site leadership team to identify and deliver clinical best practices to staff to support their ongoing clinical competence, and ensure organizational practices and quality standards are maintained.
This role will start in April 2021 part of the brand new Points West Living - Red Deer (LTC)
- Conduct orientation, training and education sessions.
- Participate in recruitment, interviews and hiring of new staff.
- Collaborate with front line staff to evaluate, coach, develop and maintain competencies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and education modules to support operations.
- Work within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation, and governing professional organizations.
- Provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary care team, and ensures services are delivered according to residents’ needs and appropriate regulatory standards.
- Support monitoring and reporting of clinical standards.
- Monitor and evaluate standards of care and ensures compliance with organizational policies and external regulations.
- Ensure high quality service delivery soliciting feedback from residents’, families, and care partners.
- Build effective relationships, liaise with, and work cooperatively with funder’s Case Manager, client care partners and other stakeholders.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner; adhere to all required infection prevention and control policies and practices.
- Pursue and promote continual learning for self and the care team.
- Represent Saint Elizabeth on external committees.
- Flexible to work/be available on call after hours and weekends.
- RN with current registration with CARNA in good standing and current CPR Level C.
- A Bachelor degree in a health care related field required (e.g., Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
- At least 3 years’ recent related experience, in a supportive living environment or equivalent environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, self-directed and effective problem solver
- Highly developed leadership skills
- Critical thinker, with well-developed analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. HPA, NIA, PPIC, OH&S) and best practices.
- Knowledge of quality and risk management practices.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate in other languages an asset.
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org