The SE Research Centre conducts impact-oriented health services research and evaluation for the benefit of Canadians. We study the needs of people, their caregivers, and health care providers, to develop evidence-based solutions to tough health and social care problems. Our researchers collaborate with a wide variety of community and academic partners across Canada.
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our dynamic Research Centre. The health services research projects within the SE Research Centre priority research fields use strong project management and scientific research skills. In addition to performing research and evaluation activities, the Research Associate also contributes to leadership within the SE Research Centre through mentorship of Research Assistants and assisting with internal and external stakeholder relationship management.
This position has four main areas of responsibility:
- Represent the SE Research Centre Priority Research Fields:
- Speak to the SE Research Centre priority research fields and all active projects both internally and externally with other researchers, academic audiences and the general public
- Contribute to project ideas within all SE Research Centre priority research fields
- Participate in strong project management of SE Research Centre health services research projects, in particular:
- Carry out the SE Research Centre Project Management roles of ‘Data Collector’, ‘Data Analyst’ or ‘Project Coordinator’ for any project in any of the SE Research Centre priority research fields
- Take on the SE Research Centre Project Management role of ‘Project Manager’ for small/medium projects in any of the SE Research Centre priority research fields
- Participate in strong scientific conduct of health services research activities, in particular:
- Support the development of SE Research Centre research protocols
- Support the development of SE Research Centre research/grant funding applications
- Collect and analyze qualitative/ quantitative health services research data with minimal support
- Develop various knowledge translation materials and tools with minimal support
- Develop search strategies, search, sort, screen and critically appraise academic and grey literature from relevant health and social research databases and sources
- Translate SE Research Centre research protocols into ethics application submissions including supporting materials (e.g., information letters, consent forms) with minimal support
- Contribute to SE Research Centre Leadership, in particular:
- Mentor Research Assistants on project coordination and data collection/analysis
- Mentor other SE Research Centre team members on specific research methods/skills
- Assist with managing external relationships with collaborators, funders, and other partners
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a science or health care related discipline from a recognized university..
- A minimum of two years of experience working in health services research .
Technical Competencies & Skills
- Experience in coordinating/managing/analyzing quantitative and qualitative health services research projects. Strong preference for quantitative data experience, especially interRAI data.
- An understanding of the principal health sectors in Canada including hospital, home & community care
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to contribute to a team under complex research and organizational conditions, and in an environment of multiple competing priorities
- Diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan projects
- Excellent problem solving, creative thinking and decision-making capacity
- Demonstrated commitment to person and family-centred health and care
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 We were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please apply online Bonniemyers@sehc.com