The PSW Program Theory/Clinical Instructor supports current and future organization growth of the SE Career College of Health and SE Health. In collaboration with the Campus Administrator (CA), providing leadership and education services the instructor is responsible for the successful delivery of the Personal Support Worker (PSW) Program to students preparing to work at SE Health as a PSW.
Please note, this is a FULL TIME CONTRACT position for 8 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides both virtual and in-person education instruction to ensure successful delivery of the PSW Program
- Instructs students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, case studies and independent or group projects and modifies, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs
- Reviews, corrects and grades/marks student assignments in a timely fashion
- Provides in-person training for hands on skills development and evaluation
- Provides direct clinical instruction and supervision during Community and Long Term Care Practicum
- Organizes and conducts practicum orientations, monitors student progress and completes required documentation to support successful student progress including; daily attendance, practicum progress notes, mid-term and final evaluations
- Evaluates students in practical, interpersonal, communication and reporting skills and provides regular feedback and contributes to progress report
- Provides individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students in need
- Reports to Campus Administrator (CA) if a student is assessed as unsuitable and/or identified to be having difficulty or unable to meet or complete the practicum course educational goals in accordance to the established standards
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to policies, procedures, and regulations; keeps the CA well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems
- Respects confidentiality in discussing student related matters; also maintains confidentiality of corporate/project fiscal and personnel related information
- Demonstrates a high level of ethical and legal conduct and accountability.
- Position may involve weekend/evenings
- Requires access to a vehicle for supervision of students in community placements
- Coordinates, meets regularly with, advises, provides direction to and support LTC and community preceptors
- Participates actively in the development of new programs/course work to accommodate current and future organization growth
- Other related duties as required.
- Current full registration with the CNO (RN/RPN)
- Recent experience teaching in a formal education setting
- Knowledge and application of Adult Learning Principles
- Experience in designing and developing training curriculum (asset)
- Experience with Palliative Care (asset)
- Two or more years of full-time nursing experience (1 year = 1400 hours) with relevant knowledge of the Canadian health care system, the roles and responsibilities of health care team members and current policies and procedures within residential and community care settings. Nursing work experience to include;
- Experience working with older adults with complex health needs; and
- Experience or orientation in home support and multi-level /complex care.
- Ability to lead, supervise and evaluate students
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solution focused thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within competing deadlines/priorities
- Willingness and ability to travel to varied practicum training sites
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be rec ognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org