Your passion is to use your caregiver knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of people of all ages and care needs .
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Status: Full-Time Permanent Days
- Provide hospitality model service to residents, including personal care, activities of daily living, laundry, light housekeeping, assistance with meal delivery, orderly or porter service, assistance with recreational activities and leisure activities as per individual care plans.
- Provide Medication Assistance Program requirements as per resident care plan
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information (maintenance issues, concerns) to the LPN in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate flexibility by being willing to change routine to accommodate needs of the resident.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment as per Eden Philosophy framework
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan and SE Health policies & procedures, including participating in the development and updating of care plans.
- Charting within approved documentation system on a daily basis
- Actively participates in all ongoing educational programs
- HCA certificate plus GED or Grade 12 English equivalency
- Availability to work Days and Evenings
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 60 days is required
- Up to date immunization record including a current TB test within 1 year
- Knowledge of household management skills is required. Food Safe certificate is preferred
- Working knowledge of assistive aids is required
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment. Palliative Care training/experience is an asset
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written) and exercise good judgement is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
- Ability to perform lifting and bending in awkward positions when assisting clients may be required
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience
About Saint Elizabeth
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Please apply online SofiaLi@sehc.com