Reporting to the Director of Care, the Assistant Wellness Manager is accountable for assisting with the management of all aspects of nursing and personal care within the supporting living environment. To ensure quality resident care maintaining the independence and maximizing the abilities of residents in a supportive living environment.
- Assists the Wellness Manager in the implementation and evaluation of the nursing department quality improvement initiatives, risk management systems, data collection and analysis, report writing, procedural updates
- Takes the lead in the coordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care through the mandatory programs
- Provides operational day to day direction to staff
- Provides clinical expertise as required
- Effectively manages utilization of nursing supplies
- Supports the Eden Philosophy model of care
- Maintains a system of care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation at the resident and unit program level that maximizes staff resources and contributes to the interdisciplinary team approach to resident care using person and family centered care as the guiding principle
- Maintains an active presence in the Resident Home Areas mentoring staff while overseeing the provision of quality resident care
- Initiates investigative and corrective actions related to occupational health and safety; develops and monitors modified work programs for nursing staff
- Works collaboratively with the Wellness Manager on special projects, reviews, and other duties as may be assigned
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department in the Wellness Manager’s absence.
- Flexible to work/be available on call after hours and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current registration in good standing with the College Licensed Pratical Nurses (CLPNA)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a facility care setting;
- Previous management experience an asset
- Certification in gerontological nursing an asset
- Current knowledge of clinical issues for geriatric residents, infection control, principles of adult education and quality improvement
- Demonstrated leadership, management and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word; Excel, computerized resident care and assessment programs
- Knowledge of applicable legislation (ie. Continuing Care Standards), current nursing and healthcare practices
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Record Check with acceptable results
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required and participate in an on-call rotation
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org