Part-Time Physiotherapy Assistant (PTA) opportunity in the Mississauga, Halton, Brampton and Malton area
As a key member of the Saint Elizabeth clinical team the PTA will work with clients to increase their health and wellness. The suitable PTA will be able to work well independently and in a team, they will be customer service focused and have great people skills.
FULL TIME and PART TIME opportunities – Mississauga and surrounding area
- Assist the supervising physiotherapist in performing various components of the treatment plans for individuals living in residential care communities
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist including but not limited to gait training, balance exercises, transfer training, range of motion, strengthening, application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, ultrasound, TENS)
- Deliver dynamic, safe and therapeutically beneficial exercise classes for groups of residents
Set up and prepare equipment and clean up after residents’ treatments
- Ensure that the resident gym and treatment areas are safe and tidy
- Maintain regular ongoing communication with the physiotherapist regarding any changes or concerns about a resident’s status or treatment interventions
- Completed OTA/PTA Diploma.
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment, gait aids and wheelchairs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive bending, reaching, pushing, lifting and transferring using proper/safe body mechanics.
- BCLS and CPR certificate.
- Availability to work flexible hours.
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel
- Vulnerable sector check (current).
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Therapists will receive a temporary increase of $3.00 per hour for all client care hours until June 30th, 2021
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision, and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle, and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.