We are looking to hire Therapy Assistants (OTA/PTA) to join our Transitions team - this is an exciting opportunity to be at the front-line of health care innovation in Canada.
Full-time Salaried Position
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Therapy Assistants (OTA/PTA) who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You are excited about working in an environment that puts the care team in the driving seat and part of a self-directed team that offers a high level of autonomy and responsibility. You will be part of a diverse, collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community with a focus on a holistic plan of care and client-centered goals addressing client’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual domains. You are a member of the interdisciplinary team who will assist the client and family to reach the client’s care goals. As part of the SE Transitions team, you will be a part of the team that will be accountable for the care and services you provide and the outcomes your clients achieve.
- Provision of comprehensive care in an interdisciplinary team
- Provide continuous and comprehensive support to your team in the delivery of care for your client’s
- Maintains effective relationships/communication and works collaboratively with other disciplines to implement interdisciplinary care plans within your role
- Participate in regular interdisciplinary team communication (e.g. huddle, rounds, status updates)
- Uses communication tools to effectively communicate changes in the client’s condition to the primary care lead/clinician and other members of the care team as required
- Assists clients in care activities as assigned by the Physiotherapist and/or Occupational Therapist
- Provision of delegated acts/treatments as part of the interdisciplinary team and within the role of an unregulated care provider
- Provide care with clients and families adhering to SE Health’s policies and procedures as adopted from Ministry of Health Guidelines
- Proactively identifies, promotes and seeks to improve client safety as part of their everyday work
- OTA/PTA diploma or equivalent from an accredited post-secondary program
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience is preferred
- Experience in one of the following areas: home/community care, acute care, chronic disease management, health promotion and palliative care
- Community experience is an asset.
- Vulnerable sector check (current).
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and exercise good judgement is required
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com