SE Health and Saint Thomas Supportive Living are looking for a Recreation Therapy Aide (RTA) t o join our team in Edmonton.
About SE Health
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Your passion is to improve the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of people of all ages and care needs, within supportive living environments or in the community, by advocating the use of recreation and leisure activities to improve functional ability. Under the general supervision of a Recreational Therapist, you will assist with assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating recreation programs to meet the needs of clients.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with over a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Round-the-clock access to clinical and managerial support
- Flexible scheduling
- Work in your own community
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Grade 12 diploma and post-secondary Therapeutic Recreation Aide course
- Recent related experience (group leadership, music, arts and crafts and fitness) is an asset
- Able to work autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Updated immunization record, clear criminal background check and Vulnerable sector check is required upon hire
- A vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms and frequent movement and bending
- Criminal record check and references required (upon hire)
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience
Please apply online SofiaLi@sehc.com