SE Health Career College (SEHCC), a national network of not-for-profit regulated career colleges specializing in health care education, is seeking a casual Instructor to support the delivery of education and training programs in collaboration with the Saint Elizabeth First Nation Inuit and Metis (FNIM) Program .
In collaboration with the Program Administrator (PA), the instructor is responsible for the development and/or adaption of curriculum and/or successful delivery of education programs delivered on-line and/or in-person. This position works collaboratively with the SEHCC and the Saint Elizabeth FNIM program teams.
- Facilitates, supports and teaches students both virtually and in-person using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects and modifies, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Provides direct clinical instruction
- Assists with coordination, monitoring of student progress and/or direct supervision of students in community and/or Long Term Care practicum placements.
- Works closely with curriculum development teams and under the supervision of the Program Administrators in the development and/or adaption of curriculum to ensure it is relevant, applicable and culturally sensitive to First Nation, Inuit and Metis health care providers.
- Works closely with the Program Administrator to ensure ongoing adherence to meeting Saint Elizabeth Health Career College educational and program accreditation standards.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Current full registration with the CNO
- Two or more years of experience teaching in a formal education setting is preferred.
- A person of First Nations, Inuit or Métis ancestry is preferred
- Work experience with First Nations, Inuit and Métis health programs is required
- Demonstrated understanding of First Nations, Inuit and Métis culture, history, challenges, issues and strengths
- Demonstrated experience facilitating/teaching on-line distance education courses is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with online webinar platforms, videoconference technology and tools Proficiency in Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) or a willingness to learn.
- Position may involve evenings and weekends and use of vehicle
- Position may involve travel to various locations throughout Canada
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please apply online email@example.com