We are hiring part time Personal Support Workers for our clients in Toronto, North York or Etobicoke areas.
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) will be part of a new 2 year Home Hemodialysis project – with a potential for contract extension. This new clinical model of care is an exciting opportunity for the right personal support worker and will allow a select group of patients to receive Hemodialysis care in their own home.
- Attend initial patient home visit with Hospital nurse
- Attend Hospital orientation (if require) training is generally 3 weeks long with the hospital
- Comfortable to work in a home or long-term care home or retirement home
- Verify the equipment of the machine before starting dialysis
- Follow care plan as recommended
- Trouble shoot machine and report issues to supervising nurse
- Respond to emergencies and system alarms as per hospital procedures
- Provide care and monitor dialysis treatment as per care plan
- Documentation of assessments, changes in patient conditions or treatment, critical incidents, difficult events. Etc.
- Provide post dialysis care as per care plan
- Ensure work area and equipment is clean and disinfected
- Following up and providing updates with the primary nurse 1-3 times per week
- Attend follow up visits with patients in home dialysis unit
- Administer medication at the discretion of the hospital
- Handle general waste post treatment (blood tubing, needles, and other access devices)
- Maintain treatment records
- Plan for emergencies regarding power outages, water issues, emergency disconnection. Etc.
- PSW Certificate or OPSWA certificate
- Proven professionalism, accountability, responsibility and reliability
- Proven record of excellent attendance
- full-day availability for 7 days however shifts are dependent on client’s needs, typically 3-5 shifts per week including weekends
- Available to work anytime between 7 am to 6 pm with an open availability 7 days a week
- Proficient computer/technological skills
- Aptitude for manual dexterity
- Work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, organizational, problem solving, conflict management skills
- Maintains positive relationships to deliver person/family centered care
- Act as a patient advocate; can clearly and fluently communicate the patient’s needs, able to
- deescalate issues
- Extremely flexible
- Able to commit to a 2-year contract with the possibility for it to extend
- Travel and attend meetings to support the needs of the patient
- Ability to travel to clients within Toronto, North York or Etobicoke
Nice to have :
- Have worked in hospital setting before
- Knowledge of Nephrology/ Dialysis.
- Previous Medical/ Nursing education
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please apply online email@example.com