The Educator will collaborate with the site leadership team to identify and deliver clinical best practices to staff to support their ongoing clinical competence, and ensure organizational practices and quality standards are maintained.
Sign on bonus of $1500
- Provides leadership in designing and delivering education arising from current, new or changing clinical practices.
- Assesses learning needs of individual employees to inform development and implementation of education programs for both new and existing employees.
- Develops broad and individualized education plans focused on optimal scope of practice, practice competencies, and leading practices in care of older adults.
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational plans and related activities inviting feedback from staff and specific SE Health and external stakeholders.
- Identifies opportunities to influence and augment a positive learning environment by bringing forward recommendations with draft learning plans and related strategies for consideration.
- Collaborates with key leaders within SE Health and external partners, such as Director of Care and Assistant Wellness Manager, Advanced Practice Leader, Quality, Risk and Patient Safety leaders to identify opportunities for the development and integration of learning assessments and education plans.
- Maintains learning attendance records and monitors the implementation of education plans and relate activities (e.g.) teach-back/return demonstrations.
- Promotes learner responsibility/accountability for their own learning and professional development, and provides timely and constructive feedback to employees on their learning and application to their practice competence.
- Leads or participates in relevant committees and other working groups to support a clinical education perspective and articulate other educational activities that are underway or being proposed.
- Conduct orientation, training and education sessions.
- Participate in recruitment, interviews and hiring of new staff.
- Collaborate with front line staff to evaluate, coach, develop and maintain competencies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and education modules to support operations.
- Work within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation, and governing professional organizations.
- Provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary care team, and ensures services are delivered according to residents’ needs and appropriate regulatory standards.
- Support monitoring and reporting of clinical standards.
- Monitor and evaluate standards of care and ensures compliance with organizational policies and external regulations.
- Ensure high quality service delivery soliciting feedback from residents’, families, and care partners.
- Build effective relationships, liaise with, and work cooperatively with funder’s Case Manager, client care partners and other stakeholders.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner; adhere to all required infection prevention and control policies and practices.
- Pursue and promote continual learning for self and the care team.
- Represent Saint Elizabeth on external committees.
- Flexible to work/be available on call after hours and weekends.
- BScN degree with current CARNA certification in good standing and CPR Level C
- Current/previous experience as a Clinical Nurse Educator in a health care organization required
- Experience and demonstrated success as a clinical nurse (3-5 years’ experience) in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated ability to provide evidence-based clinical educational leadership and mentoring to staff
- Demonstrated track record of maintaining and continually augmenting skills and competencies in leading practices in education and knowledge translation
- Additional course work, workshops and experience in principles and methodologies of adult education, as well as supporting the population of older adults preferred
- Experience in quality improvement methodologies preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, self-directed and effective problem solver
- Highly developed leadership skills
- Critical thinker, with well-developed analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. HPA, NIA, PPIC, OH&S) and best practices.
- Knowledge of quality and risk management practices.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate in other languages an asset.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org