Under the direction of the Director of Care, the Registered Nurse (RN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care. Within the scope of practice appropriate to an RN, they will meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families. New graduates welcome!
Sign on bonus of $1500 first half paid in 6 months and then 1 year
Status: Part-time Days (7am-3:15pm) or Part-time Evenings (3pm-11:15pm)
- Assists in clients admissions to the facility including conducting a health interview and physical assessment
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality as per the Eden Philosophy framework.
- Focuses care on identified health needs and promotes quality client care through ongoing assessment and evaluation of client and family responses to care
- Consults with Clinical Educator, or AHS, Physicians regarding new clinical problems, unforeseen needs or when care plan is not achieving expected outcomes
- Establishes and maintains a nurse-client therapeutic relationship that reflects knowledge of the boundary and ethical issues unique to community nursing and seeks support for problem-solving
- Provides client information and acts as liaison between client and other members of the multidisciplinary health care team to promote optimal client care and outcomes
- Integrates health education and teaching into all aspects of care to promote client and family health and independence
- Acts as a client advocate to promote the well-being of the client and family
- Identifies and reports quality and risk issues to management
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows the organization’s clinical policies and procedures and medical directives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and follows all relevant College of Nurses of Alberta Standards of Practice
- Acts as preceptor to students and/or new staff nurses
- Proactively identifies, promotes and seeks to improve client and staff safety as part of their everyday work
- Oversees and participates in resident move ins, move outs/transfer of residents as needed
- Advocates for health care partners and residents
- Assists physicians on rounds as required
- Schedules client care needs for all health care partners
- Schedules HCA Care Partners as required (e.g. sick calls).
- Evaluates the need for and fulfills ad-hoc staffing requirements
- Performs chart audits
- Monitors all tracking tools to ensure are partners are in compliance; follows up on staff discrepancies
- Attends care conferences and communicates resident concerns to appropriate Manager
- Reports incidents to Wellness Manager/General Manager/AHS afterhours as appropriate
- Current RN Certificate registered with the CARNA in good standing.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Recent experience working with the elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Palliative care experience is an asset.
- Experience leading others with strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with the ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner (strong conflict management skills).
- Strong oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
This role will be located an the new Points West Living Red Deer (LTC)
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org