The Bow River Seniors Lodge is a 60 unit Supported Living facility in Canmore, Alberta: 30 units SL4 and 30 units SL4D. SE Health (SE) will be providing care management services and Bow Valley Regional Housing (BVRH) will be providing hospitality and accommodations services. The site is scheduled to open in November 2022.
Seeking an Operations Coordinator to support the Administrative and Human Resources requirements for a Seniors Living Facility, reporting to the Wellness Manger.
Status: Permanent Full Time
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Staffing Related Activities
- Oversee and participate in advance and last-minute scheduling including inputting all changes to schedules and absence-call information into scheduling software to keep staffing reports up-to-date
- Oversee and participate in creation and publication of master rotation and 24-hour schedules
- Verify all staffing hours/timekeeping for payroll, correspond with corporate payroll department regarding payroll related issues.
- Estimate staffing needs and make recommendations for recruitment needs; aide in the decision-making process as to staff placement
- Recruitment activities including communication of recruitment needs and meeting with potential candidates to conducting preliminary interviews as requested
- Orientation activities including participating and leading specific parts of orientation, meeting with each new hire to arrange orientation shifts, developing and explaining schedules, collecting and tracking paperwork and certifications, etc.
- Support management with HR activities including discussion of HR issues, addressing questions payroll/benefits questions, reviewing staff scheduling requests, etc.
- Documenting staffing related activities in systems as per organization and funder expectations
- Participate in meetings; create agendas and document minutes as requested
- Support management with staff communication
- Collect, track, analyze, prepare and report data as required for organization/funder
- Compile information required for regulatory audits, including P&P information
- Troubleshoot IT issues
- Provide support for presentations
- Create and edit operations forms
Medical Records/Financial/Contractual Requirements
- Support medical records requirements for discharged residents
- Track all added care hours and report them as required for billing purposes
- Manage petty cash including disbursements, completing balance sheets and submit to corporate accounting
- Verify invoices for accounts payable processing
- Support monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual clinical reporting to external stakeholders.
- Order and maintain the stock for medical and office supplies
- Work with corporate team to arrange for site specific ordering needs
- Create and send out all shipments
- Minimum 3 years office/Human Resources experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite) and experience with scheduling software
- Skilled at planning, organizing, and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates diplomacy, teamwork, and adaptability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual English/French would be an asset
- Experience overseeing work of others and providing direction, mentoring and supporting
- Experience in a supportive living or long-term care environment beneficial but not required
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience
Please apply MuzghanMajid@sehc.com