Registered Nurse (RN)
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate full-time Registered Nurses (RNs) at Toronto - Downtown Core, who want to be part of the transformational change in-home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You will have opportunities to provide a point of care leadership as the primary provider for client populations of whom you are accountable for. You will also be part of a diverse and collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. , You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment and work in optimal RN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
What is Pay Per Visit?
- A competitive rate that is paid per client visit, rather than care code or care time
- For longer visits or extra visits (excess of 1hr 59 min), you will be paid an additional visit
- This model allows you to work ahead in your day but also take the time you need, as you see fit
- This model relies on you using your professional judgment for client care
- FT status nurses will be guaranteed 70 visits biweekly, allowing for the peace of mind of a guaranteed income
- Complete comprehensive client assessments, develop care plans, implement and evaluate care based on best evidence/practices and on client’s unique needs
- When designated as a primary provider for a client caseload, you will be the point of care lead accountable for their care while working in collaboration with other care team members and the support functions.
- Support the client through care transitions by collaborating and connecting the client with community support services in their local community.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- $2000 sign on bonus
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Subsidized RPNAO memberships
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) specialty certification an asset
- Enthusiasm and love of community care and passion for evidence-informed practice & excellence in care
- Gerontology competencies preferred
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes
- A current CPR certificate is required
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle (travel required)
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check are required upon hire.
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
- Availability to workdays, evenings, nights and every other weekend.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email, etc.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org