Status Full Time
Internal applicants apply no later than May 11th
The Educator (RN) will collaborate with the site leadership team to identify and deliver clinical best practices to staff to support their ongoing clinical competence, and ensure organizational practices and quality standards are maintained.
- Conduct orientation, training and education sessions.
- Participate in recruitment, interviews and hiring of new staff.
- Collaborate with front line staff to evaluate, coach, develop and maintain competencies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and education modules to support operations.
- Work within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation, and governing professional organizations.
- Provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary care team, and ensures services are delivered according to residents’ needs and appropriate regulatory standards.
- Support monitoring and reporting of clinical standards.
- Provide clinical leadership through a coaching, mentoring, and quality improvement approach
- Participates in knowledge transfer activities that support the utilization of clinical knowledge tools and evidence-informed practices.
- Monitor and evaluate standards of care and ensures compliance with organizational policies and external regulations.
- Ensure high quality service delivery soliciting feedback from residents’, families, and employees.
- Build effective relationships, liaise with, and work cooperatively with funder’s staff, other service providers at the facility, and other stakeholders.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner; adhere to all required infection prevention and control policies and practices.
- Pursue and promote continual learning for self and the care team.
- Represent Saint Elizabeth on external committees.
- Flexible to work/be available on call after hours and weekends.
- BScN degree with current CARNA certification in good standing and CPR Level C
- At least 3 years’ recent related experience, in a supportive living environment or equivalent environment (e.g. LTC).
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, self-directed and effective problem solver
- Highly developed leadership skills
- Knowledge of adult-learning theory
- Critical thinker, with well-developed analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. HPA, NIA, PPIC, OH&S) and best practices CCHSS, Accomodations, IP&C
- Knowledge of quality and risk management practices.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual English/French an asset.
- Participate in knowledge transfer activities that support the introduction and utilization of clinical knowledge tools and evidence-informed practices.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org