Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapy Clinic - $3,000 sign on bonus
|Employment Status:||Full time|
|# of openings:||1|
We are currently seeking for a full-time or part-time (with potential for full-time) Hand Therapist (Occupational Therapist) to work at the SE Rehab Health Clinic and the Mackenzie Health Hospital within the Hand Therapy Program located in Richmond Hill. The Hand Therapy Program is affiliated with the Mackenzie Health Hospital in partnership with SE Health.
The Hand Therapy Program (clinic) provides assessment, therapy and education to individuals who have sustained an injury (trauma, repetitive strain injuries or disease/disability process) or undergone surgery to their upper extremity. The majority of the referrals are a result of being referred through and/or treated by the therapists in the plastics, fracture or minor OR clinics and referrals from the plastic and orthopedic surgeons within the hospital.
Funding streams include WSIB, MVA, Fee for Service, and other specially funded programs.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
• Planning and implementing patient centered, goal-directed treatment programs for those that have sustained an injury or have had surgery to their upper extremity
• The therapeutic activities include splinting, wound management and healing, scar management, pain management, sensation retraining, strengthening, improving range of motion and Management with swelling with the goals to optimize function and independence in everyday activities with their injured extremity
• May support the Plastic and Orthopeadic surgeons in the Mackenzie Hospital plastics and fracture clinics providing assessment and necessary treatment to the patients including static and dynamic splinting, education, therapeutic activities and exercise programs
• A member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Hand Therapy program including supporting plastic surgeons in hospital plastics clinics.
• Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with a high-performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
• May require to cover across two sites – Mackenzie Health Hospital and the SE Rehab Health Clinic
• Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
• Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• A positive work and attendance record is essential
• Ability to adapt to new computer applications
• BLS certificate
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal ad provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results