About the Role
This is an exciting SE Health role providing clinical and operational leadership to hospital to home transitions programs and coaching self-directed interdisciplinary teams who will be providing holistic care to clients in the community.
As a member of the Acute Transitions leadership team, you are passionate about informing and shaping transitional programs from hospital to the community and being at the forefront of healthcare innovation in Canada.
In this role you will provide exemplary leadership and operational management for interdisciplinary care teams) that include nursing, therapies, social work, dietitian, and Personal Support Workers.
You will ensure excellence in the provision of client care, the achievement of corporate/program objectives; planning and operations; quality management and improvement; participation in special projects, corporate/research initiatives and other activities that support and advance organization goals. This role will have accountabilities in operational and professional practice excellence; creating a healthy workplace that maximizes the potential of all members of the team.
This is a 1 year contract
- Provide clinical practice leadership, coaching and oversight management to ensure the safe, effective, and efficient provision of care excellence to all clients and family
- Manage, motivate and provide professional/clinical leadership to interdisciplinary teams, ensuring ongoing practice and professional development of a cohesive team.
- Conduct joint home visits for the purpose of influencing/monitoring/ maintaining / improving quality of care, interpreting clinical standards of practice, and providing coaching/staff development.
- Review and audit InterRai assessments and associated care plans to ensure meeting client needs holistically
- Provides coaching to the interdisciplinary teams to foster autonomous, self-directed management of clients in the community
- Supporting educational strategies to enhance staff knowledge with respect to professional practice, health discipline, clinical, administrative staff practices and client care.
- Implementing processes to ensure the safe, effective and efficient delivery of excellent care to all clients and processes that support involving clients as collaborative partners
- Perform planning, quality management and operational responsibilities, including implementing quality improvement and other initiatives in the clinical area(s) to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
- Develop, implement and communicate performance measures; maintains knowledge of the different disciplines to facilitate conducting regular performance appraisals, in a manner that is fair and consistent
- Ensures staff are meeting professional practice standards
- Develop, implement, manage and review short- and long-term plans for the clinical area(s) which are in alignment with organizational goals and strategies; identifies and prioritizes time sensitive initiatives
- Develop staff utilization plans to ensure adequate level/mix of human resources to execute plans and achieve required outcomes
- Identify and manage employee issues/concerns,
- Develop and implement day to day operating processes , systems and procedures to contribute to organizational effectiveness.
- Implement quality management techniques designed to advance the services provided by the staff
- Addresses adverse events, complete risk investigation and develop risk management strategies
- Ensures the involvement of patients and family in the design of care, managing patient complaints, in a timely manner.
- On-call as required for programs support
- Other duties to ensure program is running smoothly
- Registered Nurse
- Candidates holding a master’s degree are preferred
- Registration in good standing with respective regulatory college
- Membership in a Professional Association
- Minimum of five years of clinical care experience
- Minimum of five years of management, supervisory and/or leadership experience, in home care preferred
- Experience in Change Management, Quality Improvement and Risk Management
- Demonstrated clinical expertise or specialist in a clinical area(s) relevant to home and community care
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Critical thinking and sound problem-solving skills.
- Strong technology acumen, including facility with the standard Microsoft Office suite, as well as general collaboration apps and tools
- Superior communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in an on-call after hours rotation
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license – and ability to travel.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
please apply online email@example.com