Your passion is to use your caregiver knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of people of all ages and care needs .
Status: Part-Time Day & Evening (0700- 1500) ( 1500 - 2300)
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Provide hospitality model service to residents, including personal care, activities of daily living, laundry, light housekeeping, assistance with meal delivery, orderly or porter service, assistance with recreational activities and leisure activities as per individual care plans.
- Provide Medication Assistance Program requirements as per resident care plan
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information (maintenance issues, concerns) to the LPN in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate flexibility by being willing to change routine to accommodate needs of the resident.
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan and SE Health policies & procedures, including participating in the development and updating of care plans.
- Charting within approved documentation system on a daily basis
- Actively participates in all ongoing educational programs
- HCA certificate plus GED or Grade 12 English equivalency
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 60 days is required
- Up to date immunization record including a current TB test within 1 year
- Knowledge of household management skills is required. Food Safe certificate is preferred
- Working knowledge of assistive aids is required
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment. Palliative Care training/experience is an asset
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written) and exercise good judgement is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
- Ability to perform lifting and bending in awkward positions when assisting clients may be required
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com