Are you a digital, data and analytics enthusiast who wants to help shape the future of Digital Health? The health care sector is transforming at a rapid rate, and there has never been a more exciting or important time to revolutionize how health care is delivered. SE Health is relentlessly focused on developing and deploying new and innovative strategies to help drive the company forward. These strategies are backed up by a robust Business Intelligence foundation where decisions and future direction is driven by insights from data and information. If data, analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and its impact on the health care excites you, join the team at Saint Elizabeth Health Care and be part of the data driven transformation.
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer with end-to-end expertise of delivering BI solutions who is ready to take their career to the next level. The successful candidate will be involved in transforming the current BI architecture: creating new designs and data models that enhances reporting and ETL structures, T-SQL programming and development in all areas of BI, and creating new dashboards and reports.
Role and Responsibilities
· Requirements gathering and analysis; user stories, technical/data specification documents, etc.
· Architect, design and develop insight & action driven reports, scorecards, dashboards, hyper cards, and mobile dashboards
· Design advanced conceptual, logical, and physical structure of data to be used in various BI solutions
· Continuously propose relevant best practices to deliver / tune data solutions, scripts, reports, schemas, and dashboards with optimal performance
· Architect, design and develop database views, tables, cubes, stored procedures, and other backend components (using T-SQL)
· Accountable for end-to-end BI solutions
· Understand business needs and challenges to inform and envision required analytics solution
· Facilitate / Lead sessions with business and BI team members to develop solution options and land on optimal recommendation
· Rapid translation of business requirements into technical specifications (Data Model mapping, ETL Source-to-Target mapping and transformation, Metric definition, profiling results, reporting hierarchies)
· Develop facts, attributes, hierarchies, KPIs
· Partner with other technical counterparts in the organization to help achieve the end solution implementation goals
· Be the analytics solutions SME for internal team and stakeholders in the organizations
· Hands-on assistance and leading in troubleshooting issues to identify root cause and help develop relevant resolutions
· Keep up to date on latest trends and technologies which can help SE in providing better analytics / intelligence solutions to business
· Strong accountability – be the owner for the products, projects, solution areas (from ideation to support)
· Collaborate with BI team on daily basis on solving problems, sharing ideas, providing inputs, sharing best practices
· Maintain business acumen to fulfill the role
· Perform basic administrative tasks on MicroStrategy servers
· Guide users as required on effective use of the developed analytics solutions
· About our environment: Currently, SE BI team utilizes SQL Server back-end environment for querying; SSIS for ETL; MicroStrategy for reporting. SSAS-style (MDX-compliant) multidimensional environment.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science Degree, Health Informatics, Information Systems, Business Management, or specialized training / certification
· At least 5 years of focused database development experience in Microsoft SQL Server, writing complex SQL queries, tuning, building / tuning queries and schemas
· At least 5 years of experience developing analytics solutions – preferably reports, dashboards, metrics, attributes, data model, cube design, etc. on a major reporting platform such as Microstrategy, SSRS/PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
· Expert-level knowledge of T-SQL: complex query concepts, OLAP queries, star-schema query optimization, etc.
· Expert-level knowledge of BI architecture; SSIS/ETL architecture, SSRS/reporting architecture, data warehouse principles and dimensional models
· Proven track record in developing advanced SSIS solutions and
· Experience in working closely with business to identify business needs and analytics opportunities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Self-motivated, ability to take direction and work independently
· Ability to solve problems independently or as part of a team
· Passionate to learn and help make a change in the healthcare industry through innovation
· Interested in learning more about data science and how to leverage AI/ML models
· Attention to detail and produce quality work outputs
· Great to have
o Experience with Data Science/ML/AI concepts – using Python, R
o Microstrategy platform
o Custom visualization development
o Knowledge and experience of other BI platforms, such as PowerBI
o Experience in developing or using APIs to manage data in MicroStrategy
o Agile based delivery.
o Other development languages/frameworks.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online Bonniemyers@sehc.com