We are hiring a Palliative Care Resource Nurse (RN)
Monday – Friday, day shift for the greater London area
Eligible for Sign on Bonus - $2500
SE Health is hiring a Palliative Care Resource Nurse in London. This is a leadership position for a dynamic, passionate nurse who has intermediate experience in palliative care. As a Palliative Resource Nurse, you will support our palliative population and provide leadership to your team members, in collaboration with the manager and clinical practice coach. You will utilize your specialized knowledge, skillset and experiences to provide evidence-based, quality care that is truly client-centered to meet the needs of clients in the community.
- Supports the clinical leadership team in building the palliative program capacity
- Functions as a knowledge translator within respective teams to provide additional clinical support to enhance effective client outcomes
- Contributes to the knowledge and skill development of the team by collaborating with the Clinical Practice Coach to develop education and support development of new and existing nurses
- Provides leadership to the primary nurse to support with primary nurse’s own competency or to assist with complex client situations.
- Liaises with funding partner to ensure client’s needs are met based on assessment, through funder-initiated mechanisms (i.e., APR, PCOT rounds)
- Identifies need for involvement of Interprofessional Team assessment and requests appropriate referrals
- May be required to assume client caseload based on operational needs
- Assists in quality improvement activities for palliative care in conjunction with local leadership and Advanced Practice lead (APL)
- Monitors key palliative care metrics and identifies risk events in collaboration with clinical manager, clinical practice coach and APL.
- Engages in ongoing professional development to enhance clinical skillset and promote evidence-based practice
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Subsidized RNAO memberships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, and registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Available to work in London and surrounding areas.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Must have experience working with palliative clients (minimum 2 years of recent palliative care experience)
- Possesses additional palliative education such as LEAP, CAPCE and/or CNA certification in Hospice Palliative Care
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- Well-developed leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and clinical decision making
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- A demonstrated appreciation and understanding of the Quality Improvement processes.
- Enthusiasm and love of community care and passion for evidence-informed practice & excellence in care
- Gerontology competencies preferred
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership experience
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background check, CPR certificate and Vulnerable sector check are required upon hire.
- Availability to work flexible hours as determined by client needs
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email etc.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose,
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com