Personal Support Worker
We are looking for a PSW to join our Transitions Team. Working with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals, you will be an advocate for your patients care, ensuring a holistic approach to health. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the front-line of health care innovation in Canada.
Full-Time / Part time / Casual Salaried Roles
Working shifts within our clients homes: 8-12 hours with start times at 8 A.M, and every other weekends
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Personal Support Workers (PSWs), who wants to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You are excited about working in an environment that puts the care team in the driving seat and part of a self-directed team that offers a high level of autonomy and responsibility. You will be part of a diverse, collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community with a focus on a holistic plan of care and client-centered goals addressing client’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual domains. You are a member of the interdisciplinary team who will assist the client and family to reach the client’s care goals. As part of the SE Transitions team, you will be a part of the team that will be accountable for the care and services you provide and the outcomes your clients achieve.
Why join our team?
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and to be part of a team.
- Rates starting at $19.00 (for direct client care). Candidates must have PSW Certificate.
- Subsidized OPSWA memberships
- Paid travel time, between clients
- Mobile device and 3 uniforms provided
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Provision of comprehensive care in an interdisciplinary team
- Provide continuous and comprehensive support to your team in the delivery of care for your clients
- Maintains effective relationships/communication and works collaboratively with other disciplines to implement interdisciplinary care plans within your role
- Participate in regular interdisciplinary team communication (e.g. huddle, rounds, status updates)
- Uses communication tools to effectively communicate changes in the client’s condition to the primary care lead/clinician and other members of the care team as required
- Assists clients in the activities of personal care, instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) functional mobility and other activities outlined in the client’s care plan.
- Provision of delegated acts/treatments as part of the interdisciplinary team and within the role of an unregulated care provider
- Provide care with clients and families adhering to SE Health’s policies and procedures as adopted from Ministry of Health Guidelines
- Proactively identifies, promotes and seeks to improve client safety as part of their everyday work
- A PSW Certificate is required
- One year of relevant experience is preferred
- Community experience is an asset.
- Vulnerable sector check (current).
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate is required
- A knowledge of household management skills is required
- A working knowledge of assistive aids is required
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and exercise good judgement is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
- Ability to perform lifting and bending in awkward positions when assisting clients may be required
- Ability to use communication tools is required
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel
- Available for shifts and visiting clients in there homes
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.