The Bow River Seniors Lodge is a 60 unit Supported Living facility in Canmore, Alberta: 30 units SL4 and 30 units SL4D. SE Health (SE) will be providing care management services and Bow Valley Regional Housing (BVRH) will be providing hospitality and accommodations services. The site is scheduled to open in January 2023.
SE Health is hiring Licensed Practical Nurses to join our team. This is a position for dynamic nurses who have a passion for seniors’ health and the aging population. You will use your clinical skills and apply a patient- and family-centered approach to ensure that our residents receive the highest quality care. This position is for our facility in Canmore.
New graduates welcome!
Status: Permanent, Casual
As an LPN at SE Health, you will:
- Provide hands-on care to residents according to the Care Plan and Community policies and procedures.
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of non-regulated care partners assigned to carry out the care plan, including supervising, teaching delegated tasks, coaching, and supporting as per the hospitality model.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality as per the Eden Philosophy framework.
- Identify health, safety or maintenance issues, and reports as required.
- Liaise with AHS and other health care professionals, families, and any other people required in order to facilitate the highest level of resident care.
- Chart on daily basis using electronic charting system.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Current active registration with CLPNA in good standing.
- Current CPR certificate is required.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 90 days is required.
- Up to date immunization record including a current TB test within 1 year.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment to meet resident needs.
- Good computer skills
Why join our team?
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You'll benefit from our orientation, mentorship, and coaching programs. And our leadership team will support you to practice to full scope, to integrate the most current evidence into your practice, and are fully available to you 24x7 to support you in delivering the best possible care to your patients.
- Empowerment. At our facilities, our nurses are provided with a full degree of autonomy of practice, provide clinical leadership to our multi-disciplinary team every day, and are supported with leading-edge training related to Palliative and aging.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your nursing skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Innovative. At SE we are always looking for new innovative ways to improve. You’ll be encouraged and supported to identify and make improvements to the way we do our work. As a social enterprise we support research into Senior’s Health and Aging. You’ll have the ability to be part of this research firsthand, to learn from it, and will be supported to integrate that research into your practice.
- Competitive compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org