About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day.
The Sr Business Systems Analyst’s role is to provide support for the planning, design, development, and launch of efficient business systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes leading the analysis, specification, and validation of business requirements through interviewing stakeholders to understand the technology solutions they need. Gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, requests for proposal and systems requirements. The Sr Business Systems Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve systems issues to maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
- Work with the business & internal support teams to resolve production issues for assigned applications.
- Generate statistics and write reports for customers and/or team members
- Write SQL scripts to address gaps in functionality and/or performance of applications as necessary
- Support the migration of new software programs across different phases of the project (DEV to UAT)
- Lead functional testing efforts for enhancements, fixes, and upgrades when a QA resource is not assigned.
- Liaise within the team for efficient implementation of software fixes, new software products or systems and for resolution of any issues
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines
Create Process Efficiencies and Project Support
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures to identify process improvements
- Define, develop, and document business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements and functional specifications to ensure that they are correctly interpreted.
- Conduct interviews/client meetings to gather user requirements via workshops, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Lead design sessions and prototyping new solutions
- Develop an understanding of existing business processes and recommend changes that leverage best usage of the application
- Design and monitor software tests on new and existing programs when a QA resource is not assigned.
- Maintain appropriate Change Management processes for Production changes.
- Conduct research sessions in prototyping new solutions to enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Create systems models, specifications, and diagrams to assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate these to the business stakeholders and system programmers.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Facilitate the purchase and implementation of Cloud-based and/or vendor solutions by assisting in defining specifications, preparing Request for Proposal (RFP), solution evaluation and selection.
- Work with the programmers, users, and other IT staff to test solutions. Review and evaluate test results and ensure corrections are made and re-tested as appropriate.
- Provide input to defining project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Be willing to engage in life-long learning with respect to professional development, training and courses of study
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree
- Minimum 8 – 10+ years of Analysis experience providing project implementation and support in a structured systems development environment.
- Significant experience supporting the development and implementation of web-based software solutions, on both functional and technical levels, as well as system interfaces to vendor and/or Cloud-based solutions.
- Proven knowledge of SQL Query language
- Experience managing data quality and governance issues and requirements
- Proven experience in requirements analysis, system design proposals, cost/benefit analysis and testing in support of solution development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients, end-users and other IT professionals, specifically in building relationships and managing expectations.
- Experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience in defining, implementing and/or enhancing requirements gathering processes and templates.
- EHR and Health informatics experience is an asset.
- Ability to conduct research into production issues
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of ITSM/ITIL process analysis and improvement (Service Catalogue, Change Incident, Request, Problems etc.)
- Highly motivated with the ability to independently produce quality work
- Flexible and adaptable in learning and understanding new technologies & processes
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org