Business Systems Analyst
|Employment Status:||Full time|
|# of openings:||1|
The Business Systems Analyst’s role is to support the planning, design, configuration, and launch of business improvements in support of organizational processes across our Senior’s Living business line. This includes identifying, analyzing, configuring and validating business needs through interviewing stakeholders and gathering user requirements to understand the business capabilities they require. Gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, requests for proposal and systems requirements. The Business Systems Analyst may also be responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues to maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
Activity A: Application Configuration/Support (50% of time)
1) Collaborate with internal business partners and external vendors to analyze problems, understand business goals and client needs
2) Execute in-depth analysis to identify root causes of problems and contribute to the development of system solutions
3) Investigate, recommend and configure new software features to enhance business capabilities and/or efficiencies.
4) Clarify and translate business requirements/objectives into functional specification decisions
5) Independently or in collaboration with peers, configure enhancements and coordinate/conduct appropriate testing according to defined specifications.
6) Coordinate and/or migrate new enhancements/configurations across various platform phases (DEV to UAT to Prod)
7) Ensure consistency and standardization across multiple instances of the same solution, where necessary.
8) Manage vendor and/or client communications.
9) Liaise with the team and/or vendors for efficient implementation of software fixes, new software products and for resolution of any issues
10) Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines
11) Generate statistics and write reports for customers and/or team members as required
Activity B: Create Process Efficiencies and Project Support (40% of time)
1) Analyze and assess existing business processes and procedures to identify efficiency improvements
2) Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal clients, taking into consideration platform capabilities.
3) Create systems models, specifications, and diagrams to assist with the interpretation of business requirements into feasible options and communicate these to the business stakeholders.
4) Assist in research sessions in prototyping new capabilities to enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow.
5) Develop an understanding of existing business processes and recommend changes that leverage best usage of a platform and/or solution
6) Design and conduct software tests on new and existing capabilities when a QA resource is not assigned
7) Maintain appropriate Change Management processes for Production changes.
8) Support the purchase and implementation of additional modules and/or capabilities within a platform.
Activity C: Planning (10% of time)
1) Assist in defining project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
2) Be willing to engage in life-long learning with respect to professional development, training and courses of study
1) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree
2) Minimum 3 - 5 years of Business Analysis experience.
3) Experience supporting the requirements definition and configuration of Cloud and/or SaaS based solutions, on both the functional/business and technical levels.
4) Strong industry knowledge related to clinical information systems and familiarity with governance issues and requirements
5) Ability to assess and understand solutions at a platform level and make recommendations to ensure consistency and standardization across the platform.
6) Experience in requirements analysis, configuration proposals, and cost/benefit analysis in support of client requirements.
7) Ability to work effectively with front-line functional areas, end-users and other IT professionals, specifically in building relationships and managing expectations.
8) Project management skills.
9) Experience in defining, implementing and/or enhancing requirements gathering processes and templates.
10) Electronic health record, Clinical Care solutions and/or Senior’s Living knowledge is an asset.
11) Knowledge of PointClickCare platform solutions is an asset.
· Ability to conduct research into production issues
· Exceptional attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Strong customer service skills
· Working knowledge of ITSM/ITIL process analysis and improvement (Service Catalogue, Change Incident, Request, Problems etc.)
· Highly motivated with the ability to produce quality work with minimal supervision.
· Flexible and adaptable in learning and understanding new technologies & processes
· Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to work flexible hours
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results