As a member of the Wound Ostomy Continence (WOC) team, the Skin Wellness Associate Nurse (SWAN) works collaboratively with the Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence (NSWOC) to meet the needs of individuals/families with ostomies, acute and chronic wounds, and urinary and fecal continence concerns.
Clinical Support and Consultation
- Perform detailed holistic assessment of clients with wound, ostomy and/or continence related concerns
- Formulate treatment recommendations in collaboration with he interprofessional team, and develop a plan of care based on the holistic assessment of clients who require wound, ostomy, and/or continence care
- Evaluate the plan of care and escalate to the Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence (NSWOC) when clinically indicated
- Involve the K2P Wound Care Resource Nurses (K2P WCRN) in the evaluation process as appropriate
- Provide education and mentorship experiences to build wound, ostomy and continence knowledge and capacity within SE Health
- Provide consultation to care providers within the organization
- Facilitate dissemination of wound, ostomy, and continence knowledge
- Coordinates/collaborates with interprofessional team across the continuum of care
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Successful completion of the Skin Wellness Associate Nurse (SWAN) program, developed by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Institute for Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada
- Flexibility and a commitment to advancing wound, ostomy, and continence care at SE Health
- A willingness to participate in further education programs/courses to remain current
- Adoption of the SE model for wound care delivery through mentorship of K2P WCRN
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes
- A current CPR certificate is required
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle (travel required)
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check are required upon hire.
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications.
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights and every other weekend.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email, etc.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
- An ability to use computer word processing, power point, email, and source information on the internet is preferred
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org