Make an Impact on Seniors Health!
Position: Residential Care Worker
Location: North Vancouver
Pay Rate: $ 23.27/hr
SE Health HCAs are the best of the best. We provide care and independence to our residents, using a client- and family-centered approach that incorporates the most current research into practice. When you choose to join SE Health, you become part of a diverse and collaborative care team where you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide services that support our residents to live and age well. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours! This position would be for our Group Home in North Vancouver
Why join our team?
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your residents.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Innovative. At SE we are always looking for new innovative ways to improve. You’ll be encouraged and supported to identify and make improvements to the way we do our work. As a social enterprise we support research into Senior’s Health and Aging. You’ll have the ability to be part of this research firsthand, and to learn from it.
- Competitive compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Working in multiple group homes with individuals with developmental disabilities such as Spinal Cord Injury, Dementia and Down Syndrome
- Assist clients with daily living activities, such as feeding, lifts and transfers, bathing, skin care, oral hygiene, and toileting
- Perform delegated tasks for duties such as catheter care, suppositories, non-sterile dressings, and mobilization routines for complex care clients
- Administer medication to clients and provide medication reminders, in accordance with established policy
- Plans, prepares, and serves meals and shops for groceries
- Observe clients and their environments and report unsafe conditions and behavioral and physical changes
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as communication books and progress notes
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Grade 12 completion
- Health Care Aide/Residential Care Aide certificate
- Registration with BC Care Aide Association
- Medication Management Certificate
- Class 5 BC Driver’s license and access to a vehicle (Class 4 Driver’s license is an asset)
- Certificates in CPR, First Aide and Food Safe
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Knowledge & abilities:
- Home Management skills
- Flexible working hours – able to work overnight, evening and weekends
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Experience with quadriplegics and behavioral conditions such as Dementia & Autism would be an asset
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com