|Employment Status:||Full time|
|# of openings:||1|
SE Health is hiring a HR Generalist or HR Generalist to support our Managed Services Business. The HR Generalist will be on site at the CultureLink Settlement and Community Services. CultureLink is a Not for Profit Charity organization with 30 years of experience in developing and delivering services to meet the needs of diverse communities. Passionate about providing innovative services, we adapt to changes and create new programs that best respond to and address our clients’ specific needs. CultureLink has a team of over 70 staff members speaking more than 30 languages and is funded by various levels of Government, United Way Greater Toronto, various foundations, Corporates and charitable giving.
Work Location: On-site – 2340 Dundas St. West, Toronto
CultureLink Settlement and Community Services currently requires support of a full-time HR Generalist who will function directly under the overall supervision and direction of the Chief Executive Officer. As the HR Generalist, the successful candidate will, develop, implement HR functions, and manage employee relations in a unionized environment.
· Develops and recommends HR strategies, metrics and KPIs ensuring alignment with the overall business strategy.
· Develops and administers employee compensation, benefits, onboarding, probation, cessation of employment and other related matters within the policy, contractual and legal framework
· Develops and maintains a comprehensive HRIS, produces periodic reports for monitoring and feedback; maintains and updates employee files ensuring integrity of confidential data.
· Handles various employee related matters, including absences, leave of absence, performance issues, disciplinary matters, terminations, complaints, investigations, and all other aspects of people management based on research, consultation and advice from HR and legal advisors to successfully resolve cases to minimize risk.
· Works closely with the CEO and the Finance team to plan, administer and manage HR budget, ensures all HR activities fall within budget.
· Conducts full-cycle recruitment aiming for top quality, diverse talent.
· Works with management to implement annual performance review process of all staff
· Work with senior management to develop and implement annual performance review process for managers
· Identifies training needs and arranges opportunities for training and development; coaches’ leaders regularly on how to effectively manage their employees.
· Serves as Co-chair on the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC), responsible for the legislative compliance of the organization’s health and safety program including training, and case management.
· Coordinates all volunteer and placement activities within the related policy framework.
· Identifies opportunities for improving organizational policies and monitors issues that impact effectiveness.
· Assist and support the administrative team and other duties as assigned by the supervisor/ CEO
· Coordinates all labour relations activities including labour management meetings, grievance resolution mechanism, and assists in mediation, arbitrations and ongoing relationship management with union partners.
· Participates in contract negotiations for collective agreement and implementation of the collective agreement
· Supports and guides managers to effectively handle the Collective Agreement, employment related laws, human rights matter and issue requiring conflict resolution; and
· Liaises with union representatives on a wide variety of employee, collective agreement interpretation and policy issues and investigate as required.
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience in HR administration employee relations, preferably in a unionized environment; experience in collective bargaining negotiations an asset.
· Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or related field.
· CHRP or CHRL designation, or actively pursuing designation.
· Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening within the past six months.
· Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply Labour legislations, Ontario Health and Safety Act OHSA, Employment Standards Act, The Ontario Human Rights Code and worker's compensation policies.
· High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and discretion in handling confidential information.
· Excellent communication, negotiation, facilitation, management, and coaching skills; and
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment that requires sound decision making on sensitive issues
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results