Director of Operations
|Employment Status:||Full time|
|# of openings:||1|
Reporting to the Associate, Vice President, Seniors Health – Alberta, the Director of Operations will support the mission and vision of SE Health by providing overall clinical management and business oversight for the facility living business line in Alberta. This key role is responsible for the operations, education, development, and management of the clinical services - including cost management, personnel, materials, productivity, and continuous quality improvement. The Director also plans for resident care services within the organization according to strategic objectives and priorities.
In collaboration with the Senior Leadership team and onsite management they will provide guidance and oversite to the clinical operations and act as the principal representative of clinical operations within each senior’s living community and with key stakeholders. The Director, will have a strong link between the senior’s living communities and the organization by actively contributing and representing Seniors Living West portfolio with community agencies, AHS, Alberta Health, post-secondary institutions, etc.
Innovative and flexible, the Director is an ‘outside of the box’ thinker able to drive initiatives that ensure the Seniors Living West portfolio is delivering the best experience for all residents and team members, while ensuring adherence to legislative and industry requirements.
· Leads, manages, and oversees the day-to-day programs and clinical operations
· Leads the clinical leadership and multidisciplinary team members (i.e., Nurses, Health Care Aides, Directors of Care, Recreation and Allied Health professionals) to professional excellence.
· Assume responsibility for direct resident care and promote inter-disciplinary resident care planning and resident education taking into consideration different cultural, psychosocial, and age associated needs of
· As the main advisor of Operations to Executives and Board - Provide full-scope updates including reporting and presenting
· Provide direction on special program development and execution
· Manager’s agency contracts
· Facilitate and lead all Request for Proposals (RFP), grant applications, contract negotiations and amendments full cycle
· Build and support sustainable and productive relationships with all individuals including staff, senior management, physicians, the community, and families
· Fostering an enthusiastic and positive just culture within the organization while ensuring that all employees are treated respectfully and given the opportunity to succeed
· Supporting the vision, mission, values, and strategic objectives of LORC through open and transparent communications
· Demonstrate effective communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution
· Demonstrate leadership qualities in support of department needs and serve as a clinical resource
· Motivates and supports leaders to set and achieve objectives
· Conduct objective and constructive performance reviews including clinical reviews as scheduled with clinical leaders and direct reports
· Oversees and leads the clinical leadership teams by providing coaching, development, and mentorship in day to day activates and responsibilities of the team and provides on-going support and guidance to the team as necessary.
· Acts as a representative with external bodies including AHS, AB Health, industry contacts, post-second institutions, and regulatory bodies (CRNA, CLPNA, etc.)
· Response to escalated issues pertaining to staff (including doctors and nurses), residents and family
· Liaison with community agencies, acting as a steward for the organization and industry
Financial Acumen Oversight
· Partners with Finance team to assures financial stewardship for the facility in both operational and capital acquisition processes
· Co-develops programs and clinical services budgets
· Supports the Executive Director, Site Directors and Wellness Managers in meeting financial and expense targets
Continuous Quality Improvement
· Partners with Director of Quality to maintains resident services quality assurance ensuring that the standard of service is consistently provided
· Develop and revise policies and procedures and monitor adherence to Continuing Care Health Service (CCHSS) and Accreditation standards
· Engages in continuous evaluation and review of all clinical processes and procedures to identify and recommend improvements
· Perform regular internal gap analysis to identify areas that require updating, further development, etc.
· Create and develop standardized processes including process mapping/manuals to guide onsite management in external audits.
· Create policies and procedures as required to provide appropriate control and use of specialty medical products and specialized clinical services
· Protects health information and privacy of residents, families, and staff and to ensure teams have updated information and mandatory training required for ongoing compliance
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Health-related field with a graduate degree (i.e., MHA, MBA, or MN).
· 10+ years’ experience managing at a senior level within the Seniors Living and/or Gerontology setting an asset.
· Excellent understanding of Operations, Management, Evaluation and Quality required.
· Understanding of how the processes and operations of a care facility is required.
· Judgment and decision-making skills with ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and choose the appropriate path.
· Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance.
· Proven track record of performance is a must.
· Possess prioritization skills necessary to use time effectively and set action plans to achieve business targets.
· Ability to delegate, set expectations and monitor progress of all direct reports.
· Motivate, inspire, provide, and accept feedback to and from employees.
· Excellent oral, written & listening skills
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results