Senior Applications Administrator, IS
|Employment Status:||Full time|
|# of openings:||1|
The Sr Applications Administrator is responsible to manage and support applications and systems within the IS Operations portfolio. This includes the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of application systems, both in-house and vendor/SaaS based. You will provide administration and technical user support, account administration/access as well as configuration management in support of evolving business and program needs. A key aspect will be ensuring that operational needs are continuously monitored to ensure business operations are not impacted. In this role you will be expected to work directly with our end-user clients to actively investigate and resolve application issues before escalating to level 3 support as necessary.
Activity A: Application Administration and Support (70% of time)
1) Work independently to manage and support daily, weekly and monthly administration tasks, taking the initiative to perform initial investigation and root cause analysis before escalating issues to an SME.
2) Provide administration and technical user support. Troubleshoot sometimes complex issues for enterprise applications, such as Procura, AlayaCare, and AcuteNet along with other third-party integrated applications, across multiple platforms.
3) Facilitate application security access and roles assignment.
4) Be responsible for executing daily, weekly or monthly manual application processes and overseeing the successful completion of automated processes.
5) Support application upgrades, patching and routine maintenance
6) Advise and make recommendations for improvement on technical issues involving configuration, development, or integration
7) Take ownership to build & maintain internal technical documentation, manuals, IS Ops policies/procedures.
8) Analyze and assess existing operational processes/procedures to identify process improvements
Activity B: Leadership and Development (20% of time)
1) As appropriate, support the hiring of new team members and contribute to their orientation/training.
2) Actively participate in and/or lead meetings to resolve technical or support related issues
3) Actively support and collaborate with team members both within and external to your immediate team.
4) Coach and support the growth of junior team members
Activity C: Planning (10% of time)
1) Effectively manage support requests, with the ability to assess the impact and risk in order to prioritize accordingly.
2) Take an active part in estimating and planning activities related to application upgrades, patching and integrations.
3) Meet deadlines and work effectively to self-manage priorities within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
1) Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or information technology, or equivalent education and work experience.
2) 7+ years of related work experience in providing administration of Enterprise Applications
3) Strong knowledge of developing and effectively implementing application or operational support best practices.
4) Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills. Ability to multi-task and address project and operational support demands in a fast paced and changing environment.
5) Demonstrated ability to work with clients, end-users and other IT professionals, specifically in building relationships and managing expectations.
6) Demonstrated ability to effectively manage self and others.
7) Knowledge of windows server administration basics such as task scheduler/batch, command line interface, PowerShell, VBA would be an asset
8) EHR and Health informatics experience is an asset
· Exceptional attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Strong customer service skills
· Highly motivated with the ability to independently produce quality work
· Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to work flexible hours
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results