We are hiring a Full-Time Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence (RN)
$7000 Sign-on Bonus!
Position Summary: As a member of the Wound Ostomy Continence (WOC) Team the NSWOC provides specialized holistic assessment and management as an interprofessional team member to meet the needs of individuals/families with ostomies, acute and chronic wounds, and urinary and fecal continence concerns.
Clinical Support and Consultation
- Perform in person holistic assessment of clients with wound, ostomy and/or continence related concerns
- Formulate treatment recommendations in collaboration with the interprofessional team, and develop a plan of care based on the holistic assessment for clients who require wound, ostomy, and/or continence care
- Evaluate the plan of care, involve the Wound Ostomy Resource Nurse (WORN) and/or K2P Wound Care Resource Nurses (K2P WCRN) in evaluation process as appropriate
- Provide education and mentorship experiences in order to build wound, ostomy and continence knowledge and capacity within SE Health
- Provide consultation to care providers within the organization
- Facilitate the dissemination of wound, ostomy and continence knowledge
- Coordinates/collaborates with interprofessional team across the continuum of care to reduce duplication of services, client anxiety, and cost.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Subsidized RNAO memberships
- Must have completed Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence Canada (NSWOCC) WOC-EP program (international certification will be considered if approved by NSWOCC),
- Must be an active member of NSWOCC,
- Must be an Registered Nurse (RN) with current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario,
- Flexibility and a commitment to advancing wound, ostomy, and continence care at SE Health is required,
- CNA certification credential WOCC(C) preferred,
- A willingness to participate in further education programs/courses to remain current,
- Adoption of the SE model for wound care delivery through mentorship of WORN/K2P WCRN,
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel are required,
- Excellent communication and teaching skills are required,
- A comprehensive knowledge of community health care is preferred,
- Demonstrated teaching skills and expertise in preparing effective teaching tools and methods are preferred, if not a willingness to develop in that area,
- An ability to use computer word processing, power point, email, and source information on the internet is preferred.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org