We are looking to hire Registered Nurses (RNs) to join our Transitions team - this is an exciting opportunity to be at the front-line of health care innovation in Canada
Full-time Salaried - 37.5 hours per week
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Registered Nurse (RN), who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You are excited about working in an environment that puts the care team in the driving seat; being part of a self-directed team that offers a high level of professional autonomy and responsibility. You will be part of a diverse care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. You be part of a collaborative team that will conduct joint care planning with a focus on client-centered goals addressing client’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual domains, creating a holistic care plan. Each client is assigned a primary care clinician, a member of the interdisciplinary team who will lead care planning for that client and facilitate interdisciplinary team to reach client’s care goals. As part of the SE Transitions team, you will be a part of the team that will be accountable for the care and services you provide and the outcomes your clients achieve.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Subsidized RNAO/RPNAO memberships
- Flexible shifts and self-scheduling
- Can provide Full time hours
- Provision of comprehensive care in an interdisciplinary team
- Primary contact for a client when designated as the primary care provider/clinician for the client’s interdisciplinary team
- Provide continuous and comprehensive support to your team in the delivery of care for your clients
- Complete a client assessment and develop an interdisciplinary care plan based on best evidence/practices and on client’s unique needs.
- Lead the care planning process and work with other disciplines to complete and implement interdisciplinary client care plans
- Facilitate regular interdisciplinary team communication (e.g. huddle, rounds, status updates) when designated as the primary care provider/clinician
- Lead discharge and transition care planning discussions during regular integrated team meetings with their front-line staff when designated as the primary care provider/clinician
- Facilitate and organize family and caregiver meetings
- Support the client through care transitions by collaborating and connecting the client with community support services in their local community.
- Support clients, families and caregivers to develop strong self-care strategies, anticipate and address health issues, as well as optimize their health through effective health promotion strategies
- Registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience
- Experience in one of the following areas: home/community care, acute care, chronic disease management, health promotion, palliative care and mental health
- The ability to work independently in an autonomous and self-directed manner within RN scope of practice is required
- Having diverse nursing experiences with different client groups will be an asset
- Community experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership experience
- Enthusiasm and love of community rehabilitative care and interest in sharing knowledge
- Excellent assessment skills and a strong clinical background
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- Excellent skills in case management and working with/coordinating interdisciplinary care teams
- Vulnerable sector check (current).
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
- Membership in RNAO is strongly preferred
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and well being. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com