Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy, & Continence - $5000 Sign on Bonus
|Employment Status:||Full time|
|# of openings:||1|
Make an Impact on People’s Lives; Join SE Health as an NSWOC Nurse in Huron
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4pm
$5000 Sign on Bonus
As a member of the Wound Ostomy Continence (WOC) Team the NSWOC provides specialized holistic assessment and management as an interprofessional team member to meet the needs of individuals/families with ostomies, acute and chronic wounds, and urinary and fecal continence concerns.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
Clinical Support and Consultation
· Perform detailed holistic assessment of clients with wound, ostomy and/or continence related concerns.
· Formulate treatment recommendations in collaboration with the interprofessional team, and develop a plan of care based on the holistic assessment for clients who require wound, ostomy, and/or continence care
· Evaluate the plan of care, involve the Wound Ostomy Resource Nurse (WORN) and/or K2P Wound Care Resource Nurses (K2P WCRN) in evaluation process as appropriate
· Provide education and mentorship experiences to build wound, ostomy and continence knowledge and capacity within SE Health
· Provide consultation to care providers within the organization
· Facilitate the dissemination of wound, ostomy and continence knowledge
· Coordinates/collaborates with interprofessional team across the continuum of care to reduce duplication of services, client anxiety, and cost
· Supports quality health care through teaching, mentoring, program development and quality monitoring
· Optimizes client outcomes through review of Quality Improvement (QI) reports to prioritize need
· Identify nursing trends and issues related to specialty wound ostomy and continence management
· Assist in the development of information tools and educational initiatives for care providers
· Remain updated on current evidence related to wound, ostomy and continence best practices
· Promote and participate in research-based practice
· Identify potential research initiatives
· Promote and participate in research projects.
· Submit case studies for publication
· Participate in conferences through poster presentations or oral abstracts.
· Support WORNs and K2P WCRNs in development of posters and case studies for conference presentation
· Participates with professional nursing associations to develop and enhance the delivery of health care for Canadians
· Collaborate in local Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) initiatives/working groups as required.
· Must have completed Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence Canada (NSWOCC) WOC-EP program (international certification will be considered if approved by NSWOCC),
· Must be an active member of NSWOCC,
· Must be an RN with current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario,
· Flexibility and a commitment to advancing wound, ostomy and continence care at SE Health is required,
· CNA certification credential WOCC(C) preferred,
· A willingness to participate in further education programs/courses to remain current
· Adoption of the SE model for wound care delivery through mentorship of WORN/K2P WCRN,
· A vehicle and valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel are required,
· Excellent communication and teaching skills are required,
· A comprehensive knowledge of community health care is preferred,
· Demonstrated teaching skills and expertise in preparing effective teaching tools and methods are preferred, if not a willingness to develop in that area,
· An ability to use computer word processing, power point, email, and source information on the internet is preferred.
To be eligible for the Return of Service the nurse must:
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online SunnyKim@sehc.com
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results