Reporting to the Recreation Manager and/or designate the Recreation Aide assists in the planning, implementing and evaluation of recreation and leisure programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs and interests of the residents.
Include but not limited to;
- Carries out established recreation and leisure programs.
- Works with the Recreation Manager and residents to develop innovative recreation and leisure programs.
- Coordinates opportunities for residents to be as fully involved and independently responsible as possible.
- Assists, encourages and motivates residents to participate in programs.
- Assists residents to, during, and from programs as necessary.
- Ensures residents’ rights are maintained.
- Ensures recreation equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to manager.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required.
- Promotes and publicizes programs and special events.
- Maintains appropriate documentation as per policy and procedures, confidentiality and security.
- Encourages residents to be volunteers in their own community.
- Involvement with welcoming admission / orientation of new residents.
- Maintains a current knowledge of Administrative and emergency policies and procedures and participates in fire evacuations drills.
- Performs other related duties to ensure quality holistic resident service.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate programs and organize recreational activities.
- Required to have up-to-date immunizations
- HCA OR Recreation Aide Certificate.
- Current Basic CPR qualifications.
- Asset to have Current class 4 Alberta Driver’s License but not mandatory.
- All successful applicants must pass the vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good physical and emotional health with capabilities that is compatible with walking, stooping, bending, lifting heavy objects and pushing heavy carts. Must be free from any allergies or related conditions that may be aggravated by working with pets.
- Ability to communicate and establish harmonious relationships with residents, families, volunteers, and visitors of the facility.
- Excellent written and oral English skills
About SE Health:
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience
Dated Posted July 17, 2023