Part time, Mon-Fri (8:00 am to 12:00 pm) in ICU
SE Health is currently seeking a Part time Therapy Assistant to work in the ICU unit at Mackenzie Health Hospital in Richmond Hill. As a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team, the Occupational Therapist/ Physiotherapist Assistant (OTA/PTA) will collaborate in the provision of therapeutic services. The Therapy Assistant will practice under the guidance and direction of a qualified Registered Occupational Therapist and/or Physiotherapist.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of a recognized OTA/PTA Certificate or Diploma program from an “accredited community college” with one year of work experience in an inpatient setting. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Assist the supervising Physiotherapist and Occupational therapist in performing various components of the treatment plans for patients in the hospital setting.
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapists including, but not limited to, gait training, balance exercises, transfer training, range of motion, strengthening, ADL re-training, and the application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, TENS).
- Deliver dynamic, safe and therapeutically beneficial exercise classes for 1:1 interventions or groups of patients.
- Set up and prepare equipment and clean up after patients’ treatments.
- Ensure that the therapy gym and treatment areas are safe and tidy.
- Maintain regular ongoing communication with the Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapists regarding any changes or concerns about a patient’s status or treatment interventions.
- Completed an OTA/PTA Diploma.
- Minimum 1-year experience working in an inpatient setting is required (inpatient unit experience is preferred).
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment, gait aids and wheelchairs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive bending, reaching, pushing, lifting and transferring using proper/safe body mechanics.
- BCLS certificate.
- Criminal background check, Vulnerable sector check and Immunization record (current).
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience
Please apply online TriptiAvasthi@sehc.com