Full time Social Worker (BSW) for the Waterloo-Wellington area, providing Community Home Care
Provide client management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and advocacy to promote and restore mutually beneficial interactions between clients and their social environment.
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and to be part of a team.
- Work within the primary care model to provide care to clients in the community
- Complete biopsychosocial assessments to inform plan of care
- Inform clients and families strategies for enhanced function and coping excluding counselling
- Plan, implement and evaluate goal directed care plans related to finances, housing, community resources, advocacy, resource counseling and transition care planning
- Evaluate the client’s engagement and follow up with care plan and make appropriate modifications in collaboration with the client
- Collaborate and consult with other team members in the promotion and wellbeing of the client and family
- Integrate education and teaching into all aspects of care to promote client and family health and independence
- Identify community resources relevant to the client’s needs and goals, and facilitate client access to the resources including funding sources
- Proactively identifies, promotes and seeks to improve client safety as part of their everyday work
- Ensure all social worker services are provided in the most efficient manner, considering effective use of time and quality care to client
- Complete, maintain and report clear and accurate documentation related to client care, adhering to confidentiality and privacy legislation, contract standards and the documentation standards of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and SEHC
- Work in close relation with HCCSS Care Coordinator to communicate client information and client involvement
- Masters of Social Work from an accredited university.
- Must be a member in good standing of the Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Workers and submit annual written proof thereof
- Previous work-related experience in the community health care sector is ideal.
- Must carry professional malpractice insurance and submit annual written proof thereof.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a roadworthy motor vehicle and adequate liability insurance.
- Updated Immunization records.
- Updated Vulnerable Sector Check & clear Criminal Record Check.
- Available to travel within the assigned area
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com