As part of the Elizz online platform, this hybrid position provides supportive listening, solution focused coaching and referral support to family caregivers.
- Create a warm and trusting environment for caregivers of the program to seek coaching support through virtual channels such as telephone and email and possible video.
- Use a coach approach to effectively coach caregivers to overcome barriers to meet their personal caregiving and wellbeing goals.
- Provide education and referral support with navigating and accessing information, resources and services pertinent to their caregiving situation.
- Develop a strong understanding of community, social government and health services and resources available online and in the community.
- Have the ability to search and maintain multiple databases.
- Collaborates with colleagues virtually and in person to provide the best experience for clients.
- Gather and record data from sessions.
- Use computer programs and applications, including internet search engines, email, excel and database program to perform varied tasks such as collecting data and writing basic reports.
- Identify and appropriately escalate critical situations when necessary as per protocols.
- Perform administrative duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Nursing or social service degree or diploma
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the Canadian Health Sector with a strong knowledge of the community, social, government and health service sectors and how to navigate them
- Must be bilingual in French and English
- Must be a positive, self-motivated individual who has demonstrated an ability to work independently and well with others as a member of cross functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required
- A computer aptitude and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Be able to be flexible with work schedules
- Demonstrate an ability to complete all administrative duties
- Be able to attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and training during standard business hours
- Experience in virtual support, coaching, crisis intervention and/or solutions focused techniques and principles are preferred
· Lived experience of informal caregiving and knowledge of the needs directly affecting caregiver’s wellbeing
The Role of the Caregiver Coach
- Enable caregivers to participate in coaching by making the service convenient, welcoming and confidential
- Ask caregivers what they need and respond to the unique care situation with tailored coaching, education and support
- Foster self-recognition and awareness of need to protect, promote and care for their own health and wellbeing
- Consider influences of culture, gender and relevant relationships on the care situation
- Encourage and foster networking and connections with other caregivers
- Provide education about the system and make connections to community services
- Address needs over time and help caregivers apply new knowledge and skills
- Recognize and address the emotional context of providing care through active listening, affirmation, validation and encouragement
Caregiver coaching does not provide:
- Crisis Support (medical, mental health, abuse/violence)
- Offer health/clinical advise, education or management of symptoms
- Coordinate communication with health care professionals
- Resolve conflicts with service providers, family or care recipient
- Discuss or share personal health information of care recipient without their verbal permission
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.