We are hiring Full-time Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) to work in St. Catharines
Eligible to receive a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) who want to be part of the transformational change in-home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You will be part of a diverse and collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment and work within the RPN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
What is Pay Per Visit?
- A competitive rate that is paid per client visit, rather than care code or care time
- For longer visits or extra visits (excess of 1hr 59 min), you will be paid an additional visit
- This model allows you to work ahead in your day but also take the time you need, as you see fit
- This model relies on you using your professional judgment for client care
- FT status nurses will be guaranteed 70 visits biweekly, allowing for the peace of mind of a guaranteed income
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As a Nurse, you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training, and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and a pension plan
- Education bursaries.
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RPNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Work Perks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Availability to work days (8am-4pm) and every other weekend
- Ability to travel to clients within the St. Catherines area
- Available to work 10/14 days to receive guaranteed income
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle (travel required)
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check are required upon hire
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email, etc.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Works well in a changing environment
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes
- A current CPR certificate is required
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion), and numerous hand grips of varying forces
- To be eligible for the Return of Service the nurse must:
- Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired;
- Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Begin employment no later than March 31, 2024
- Commit to 24-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.